• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 14, 2019
    Well, finally got my PPK/S back from Mike McClellan in Alabama (M&M Gunsmith). He had it for about 13 months to smooth the trigger face, reduce the trigger pull and a "performance/reliability" package. I had to send a certified letter to get a response and the pistol arrived two days later. The trigger face was smooth and no evidence of any other work performed. DA pull was as awful as ever. Mike was a gunsmith for Interarms in Alexandria, VA when they made this pistol, so I thought he would be the best guy to work on it; but, I'm not impressed at all. There was rust deep in the slide serrations, there were vise marks on the trigger guard. Just awful. At least he didn't charge me anything. I telephoned and emailed to see what he actually did to the pistol; but, no response. What an experience! He left me a voice mail that said "I just forgot it in my safe, I have no excuse".
    Just wanted to circle back to the group and finish the saga and see if the local gunsmiths mentioned in this string could help that DA pull. Thanks for everyone's help and expertise. Happy Thanksgiving!

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Well, there you go. If he really is he probably stays snowed under.

Agree on "Premier" roughly translates to "Longer Wait".

One of the first gunsmiths I ever used, in CT, had a small sign by his shop door:

-Fast
    -Cheap
    -Good

-Pick Two.

Four months is not even to the inside edge of being extraordinary for a sought after gun smith. While many have said he should have told you, I will ask instead; "Did you ask him up front, how long it could be?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom