• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    How retarted could they be to send a alert like that to cell phones at 430am. Everyone is just going to turn off the alerts now. Should have been on radio stations if they wanted it to be effective

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Mine was off but apparently one of the recent Android updates must have turned it back on. Pissed me the f*ck off this morning.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The only time that should be used at that hour is in the event of a national emergency like a nuclear attack, tsunami, sharknado.

You start sending those amber alerts at that hour and you are going to condition people to not look at their phones.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    The only time that should be used at that hour is in the event of a national emergency like a nuclear attack, tsunami, sharknado.

You start sending those amber alerts at that hour and you are going to condition people to not look at their phones.

Yea, definitely if a Sharknado event. I don't need to be surprised by a shark flying at me while I'm taking a piss in the backyard in the wee hours of the morning... :nono:

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Yes you can. Mine is off. Wife’s wasn’t off but will be today.

Got to love crap like that when you work 80-100 hours/week

Exactly this - only my wife handed the phone to me at 4:30a and told me to turn off the alerts. Googling Android settings across 5 different versions in a sleep stupor is not something I would like to repeat...

Although, it might be good for some reparations -or- more ammo. Decisions, decisions....

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017

The boy who cried 'wolf' comes to mind.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    I have been awake since 4:30 this morning because of things and now I am less effective at my job

What idiot approved this?

The end result is that I didn't help find the missing kid because amazingly the kidnapper wasn't hiding him in my bedroom at 4:30am and now my alerts are shut off so I won't even know about the next one

Morons

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-16-07-07-58.jpg
      Screenshot_2020-10-16-07-07-58.jpg
      53.8 KB · Views: 505

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yup

Yes you can. Mine is off. Wife’s wasn’t off but will be today.

Got to love crap like that when you work 80-100 hours/week

scared the eff out of me. I use my phone as my alarm. Because of the time, I thought some major disaster or some other thing was happening.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hahahaha

Yea, definitely if a Sharknado event. I don't need to be surprised by a shark flying at me while I'm taking a piss in the backyard in the wee hours of the morning... :nono:

I may have done that at some point hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom