• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wb3jma

Nov 15, 2020
    Belcamp, MD Harford County
    I'm looking for someone to help me dial in a Green dot scope I used to replace the iron sights on a Marlin 1894 I recently bought. I'll obviously pay your range time and if you want some extra for your time I open to it.

I originally had Romeo 5 red dot that I zeroed on a special target at an indoor range that was made to shoot ton one spot and would hit the lower spot at 100.
    When I got to an outdoor range It was not even close and outdoors turning up the brightness seemed to make a splotchy looking double red dot.

This is when I found out about astigmatism and red dots. Went back to the eye doctor to have him re-correct for astigmatism. Got a set of polarized set of shooting glasses then swapped the Romeo for a Holosun green dot. Took that to a range and even though the green dot looked good could not hit jack at 25 yards. Got a cheap laser boresight dropped that in an indeed noticed the dot was was way off looking at the target at the other end of my condo.
    d
    Adjusted and went back to the indoor range. Still could not hit crap at 25 yards. Pulled the target in towards what it would have been in my condo distance wise and now it's showing right hand corner of the target.

Obvioulsy I do not grasp how many clicks to move the dot correctly( I do know elevation right turns go up right with windage per the sight's guide).

At this point I'm wasting time and money and ammo is dear right now and a hard to come by so I'm looking for direct instruction.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Wow , this thread seemed deja vue .

But since this one is shorter, I'll semi thread jack here .

So how much difference did the green vs red make with the astigmatism ? Or do you mainly attribute your improvement to the Optometrist , and different lens prescription ?

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Welcome to the forum. Adding your general location to your "About Me" section might improve the results of your solicitation.

wb3jma

Nov 15, 2020
    Belcamp, MD Harford County
    Wow , this thread seemed deja vue .

But since this one is shorter, I'll semi thread jack here .

So how much difference did the green vs red make with the astigmatism ? Or do you mainly attribute your improvement to the Optometrist , and different lens prescription ?

Probably a combination of all 3 lens, green dot and polarized shooting glasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom