• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boisepaw

boisepaw
    Jan 5, 2015
    Eastern shore, MD
    Anyone have any suggestions for sympathetic Maryland attorneys that can help with firearms questions? I don't have a problem but I also don't want to be unawares of the issues I might run into here in the state.

There is a "Legal Services" section under "Industry Partners" but as best I can tell there isn't a single entry in that section.

Any ideas? Or suggestions for where to get some idea of resources available?

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    ... There is a "Legal Services" section under "Industry Partners" but as best I can tell there isn't a single entry in that section.

Any ideas? Or suggestions for where to get some idea of resources available?

Excellent question / quest and fwiw, if possible I’d favor an atty now in private, criminal defense practice who SPENT TIME AS A MD Prosecutor ...

Not “MD specific” per se but, may be of assist: USCCA Forums: https://community.usconcealedcarry.com/?_ga=2.23133305.259366056.1605881678-1979094063.1605881678

boisepaw

boisepaw
    Jan 5, 2015
    Eastern shore, MD
    Good suggestions.

I looked at the USCCA website and saw that they have legal insurance...which is probably worth having...but I'll have to ask them about sources of legal advice.

Peter

Excellent question / quest and fwiw, if possible I’d favor an atty now in private, criminal defense practice who SPENT TIME AS A MD Prosecutor ...

Not “MD specific” per se but, may be of assist: USCCA Forums: https://community.usconcealedcarry.com/?_ga=2.23133305.259366056.1605881678-1979094063.1605881678

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Just to be on the same page , do you mean potential regulatory issues about ownership , transport, etc , or potential issues with self defense ?

boisepaw

boisepaw
    Jan 5, 2015
    Eastern shore, MD
    Specifically right now it would be issues of buying/selling firearms in Maryland and what the threshhold might be for when it will be necessary to get an FFL in order to stay out of trouble. I find that my hobby...buying guns...is going to need an outlet in selling guns and in my profession as a financial advisor, I can't take ANY chances about running afoul of the law.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Specifically right now it would be issues of buying/selling firearms in Maryland and what the threshhold might be for when it will be necessary to get an FFL in order to stay out of trouble. I find that my hobby...buying guns...is going to need an outlet in selling guns and in my profession as a financial advisor, I can't take ANY chances about running afoul of the law.

Lawyer will tell you that you actually need to have a legitimate established legal business in order to have an FFL issued. You are probably better off going to FFL123.

https://www.ffl123.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom