• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    A friend of mine has an FN FAL and is looking for a metric barrel wrench. Anyone have one that I could borrow or know if somewhere to get one?
    Forgive my if I’m asking for the wrong thing as I know nothing about FN FALs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    I have an FAL action wrench and a barrel wrench. The action wrench is the specialty tool that you really need to remove the barrel. The barrel wrench is nice to have but not necessary. I’m in Frederick. I don’t loan out tools, but I’m open to letting someone use them in my shop.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have an FAL action wrench and a barrel wrench. The action wrench is the specialty tool that you really need to remove the barrel. The barrel wrench is nice to have but not necessary. I’m in Frederick. I don’t loan out tools, but I’m open to letting someone use them in my shop.

I appreciate the offer. I'll have to check with my friend. He lives in Charlottesville and will probably be coming up here sometime in the next month. He has a gunsmith down there that will look at it for him but they are waiting on the action wrench which is on backorder.
    Apparently he's having failure to extract issues which didn't used to happen. He hasn't had any work done on it, so he's unsure what the issue might be.
    Anyone with ideas for a solution would be appreciated.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I appreciate the offer. I'll have to check with my friend. He lives in Charlottesville and will probably be coming up here sometime in the next month. He has a gunsmith down there that will look at it for him but they are waiting on the action wrench which is on backorder.
    Apparently he's having failure to extract issues which didn't used to happen. He hasn't had any work done on it, so he's unsure what the issue might be.
    Anyone with ideas for a solution would be appreciated.
    Extractor spring or wear on the extractor.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    No reason to pull the barrel for extraction issues.

I didn’t think so either. I’m trying to talk him into getting a new extractor and spring, check the gas system and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    I’d be willing to bet that if it was extracting, and suddenly stopped... well, that means he fiddled with the gas system setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom