• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    It isn't the $13 per year average cost of the permit, it is the fact that they are building a registry with the collected information.
    part of why they didn't insist on registration in 2013 was them essentially admitting that was already being done through the way regulated firearms were sold. so by itself i don't know how much of an objection the HQL should ADD on that front.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    They shouldn't be allowed to charge a fee. but, at 13 dollars a year, it is the smallest government fee I have ever had to pay. If you can't afford 13 dollars a year, you can't afford firearms.

Since it seems to be no big deal to you, why don't you spot a few members fees for them? After all, its only $13 a year(10 years at a time), There is at least one person commenting that that fee has stooped them from purchasing a handgun.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    If you want a modern handgun, get the HQL.

If you don't want the HQL, don't get an HQL (I didn't).

Anyone who pontificates for either side of this coin should cease doing so until their halo gets back from the cleaners.

Pioneer Pit Beef opens at 11am today.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pioneer-pit-beef-windsor-mill

DO NOT GO THERE! Pioneer Pit Beef is DANGEROUS! It is because of their pit beef I had to spend a small fortune on a restaurant quality meat slicer that can shave rare, hot, succulent juicy pit beef. That was not the only damage they did, I spent weeks perfecting my pit beef technique until it duplicated thiers!

790238.jpg

That thing costs more than some AR's but it is well worth it.

DAMN YOU PIONEER PIT BEEF!

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Maryland has made it easier to buy a gun illegally on the streets of Baltimore from a thug than to purchase legally. The thug pays no taxes, does no background checks, and if caught selling guns will be back on the street in 24 hours servicing the needs of illegal buyers!

Since I am trying to be a good citizen, I just built a modern handgun and needed no HQL of FFL involvement.

It was a lot of fun finishing my Polymer80 into a Glock 17, so now I think a 1911 build would be a project to challenge my abilities.

I am still keeping my eyes on the C&R pistols, too. I am trying to stick with .38 special, 9mm Luger and 9 x 18 Makarov calibers. The Tokarev may force me to add another. I can feel myself giving in to the temptation....

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    Didn't the AGC work this out six or so years ago with the collector license? Unfortunately the lawyer for the AGC that worked this out isn't with the club anymore.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    Maryland has made it easier to buy a gun illegally on the streets of Baltimore from a thug than to purchase legally. The thug pays no taxes, does no background checks, and if caught selling guns will be back on the street in 24 hours servicing the needs of illegal buyers!

Since I am trying to be a good citizen, I just built a modern handgun and needed no HQL of FFL involvement.

It was a lot of fun finishing my Polymer80 into a Glock 17, so now I think a 1911 build would be a project to challenge my abilities.

I am still keeping my eyes on the C&R pistols, too. I am trying to stick with .38 special, 9mm Luger and 9 x 18 Makarov calibers. The Tokarev may force me to add another. I can feel myself giving in to the temptation....

May I ask ABOUT how much it ran you to build a PolyGlock? Is everything able to be purchased without FFL? I would LOVE to learn how to do this....

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    The build was about $425 without magazines. I know, someone is going to say that I could have bought one for less and they may be correct, but I have a principal to defend and a registry to avoid! What Maryland doesn't know about, they can't take!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

I gave in. You CANNOT resist...

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Everyone here knows there are lurkers and entrappers. A couple of months ago, I was looking to buy some high capacity magazines and in my post, I explicitly said I wanted to do it legally, out of state with no money changing hands in Maryland. Immediately, two people I've never seen PM'd me to set up the deal. In both cases, once I asked where in PA they wanted to meet, they went away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I would have reported them to the mods.

I still have the PMs. I'll have to do a bit more research to see if they've done anything else like this before making a formal report. It was just very odd how when they saw I was serious about being legal, they just went away.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    I still have the PMs. I'll have to do a bit more research to see if they've done anything else like this before making a formal report. It was just very odd how when they saw I was serious about being legal, they just went away.

I'd report it and let the mods determine intent. Don't need that sort, illl intentioned or not, here.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    The build was about $425 without magazines. I know, someone is going to say that I could have bought one for less and they may be correct, but I have a principal to defend and a registry to avoid! What Maryland doesn't know about, they can't take!

After the cost of HQL stuff plus sales tax or transfer fee, one 80% build is cheaper than the cost to get just one handgun. One of my friends did his not-Glock 17 build itself not counting the accessories it came with for under $450.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    you guys are amazing. have fun way out there.

The framers who wrote the Second Amendment's phrase "Shall not be infringed" had just fought a war of independence against a country that was attempting to confiscate all of their ammo and firearms. They wanted to be certain that, in the future, Americans would always have free, immediate and easy access to the same arms that any infantryman was equipped with the next time it happened; because, with the exception of galoots like PAA, tyrants don't always broadcast their criminal intentions before executing them.

Also, the framers knew that the strong don't always telegraph their intentions over the meek in advance to allow the meek the luxury of a government-mandated "time-out", "cooling-off" or whathaveyou waiting period to purchase a defensive tool that evens the balance of power, giving the meek a fighting chance of survival against a more powerful aggressor.

As's been said, these things're self-evident to all who've learned and retained the facts of life.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    The framers who wrote the Second Amendment's phrase "Shall not be infringed" had just fought a war of independence against a country that was attempting to confiscate all of their ammo and firearms. They wanted to be certain that, in the future, Americans would always have free, immediate and easy access to the same arms that any infantryman was equipped with the next time it happened; because, with the exception of galoots like PAA, tyrants don't always broadcast their criminal intentions before executing them.

Also, the framers knew that the strong don't always telegraph their intentions over the meek in advance to allow the meek the luxury of a government-mandated "time-out", "cooling-off" or whathaveyou waiting period to purchase a defensive tool that evens the balance of power, giving the meek a fighting chance of survival against a more powerful aggressor.

As's been said, these things're self-evident to all who've learned and retained the facts of life.

Extremely well said :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom