• 5-10

Votes: 2 2.5%
    • 10+

Votes: 53 66.3%

• Total voters

CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County
    Thank you to anyone who has replied to the poll so far! It is very helpful. Look out for more to come, I'm intending to space then out so as not to flood the forum.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    You neglected to define what exactly is classified as a GUN in your survey and in this forum that will make a difference.

For example a flintlock muzzle loader is not considered a firearm by the ATF?

How do you count a Thompson Center Encore a single frame with serial number but with multiple pistol as well as rifle barrels and the furniture to configure it either way?

Do you include cannons?

CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County
    I would count anything that my college classmates would be terrified of. So you might as well put squirt guns in there too.

No but really, to keep this simple for the intended audience (primarily a panel of professors) I am using the definition "a weapon incorporating a metal tube that propels bullets or other projectiles by means of explosive force".

toppkatt

Ultimate Member
    Apr 22, 2017
    I would count anything that my college classmates would be terrified of. So you might as well put squirt guns in there too.

No but really, to keep this simple for the intended audience (primarily a panel of professors) I am using the definition "a device weapon incorporating a metal tube that directs propels bullets or other projectiles to leave the tube by means of a large pressure differential explosive force".

Your words in RED I have offered different words (in dark green) I feel better describes what you are trying to convey.

A weapon is typically thought of as and item for a defensive or offensive purpose. A target shooter isn't being either during a competition.

The metal tube has nothing to do with the propulsion of the projectile (bullet or other type). What it does is: contains the motive force and projectile and directs the projectile(s) once they leave the tube.

An air rifle has no explosive force per se but they can be used for hunting. Also, technically, the smokeless propellant used in most modern firearms is not designated as an explosive. Black powder is classified as an explosive but smokeless powders are classified as propellants. Someone correct me if I am behind the times.

(wish I knew how to do strikeouts in this format, it would make my suggestions easier to follow.) Feel free to tell me. I can do it in a word processor but when I paste it here they 'fell out', hence the colors.

Last edited:

CZlady

Oct 13, 2020
    Montgomery County
    Your words in RED I have offered different words (in dark green) I feel better describes what you are trying to convey.

A weapon is typically thought of as and item for a defensive or offensive purpose. A target shooter isn't being either during a competition.

The metal tube has nothing to do with the propulsion of the projectile (bullet or other type). What it does is: contains the motive force and projectile and directs the projectile(s) once they leave the tube.

An air rifle has no explosive force per se but they can be used for hunting. Also, technically, the smokeless propellant used in most modern firearms is not designated as an explosive. Black powder is classified as an explosive but smokeless powders are classified as propellants. Someone correct me if I am behind the times.

Interestingly, I agree with your changes. I am using the definition listed as it is the dictionary definition of a 'gun'. I am also trying to keep from getting too technical as many of the people who will be reading this study have more experience with spaceships than they do with any actual firearm.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have to get points where ever I can, right?! You see what I'm dealing with here?!

We are a tough crowd i will agree , but to be honest i am more like them and have met many here and do like 99.9 % of the members here at MDS .

We do disagree on things from time to time , but we totally agree on the Constitution and RTBA and to live free ...and a very small government

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    You neglected to define what exactly is classified as a GUN in your survey and in this forum that will make a difference.

For example a flintlock muzzle loader is not considered a firearm by the ATF?

How do you count a Thompson Center Encore a single frame with serial number but with multiple pistol as well as rifle barrels and the furniture to configure it either way?

Do you include cannons?

I sooooooo want a cannon, or two. Trust me, I keep asking the Mrs. every 6 months about this. It doesn't matter how big or small she won't let me put anything like that in the yard (front or back). I even offered to point it towards the ultra liberal neighbors we can't stand :D. Sooner or later I figure I'll wear her down.

Every time we drive through Gettysburg I hear an immediate loud "No!" before I even say something. Hey, at least she knows what I want.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I sooooooo want a cannon, or two. Trust me, I keep asking the Mrs. every 6 months about this. It doesn't matter how big or small she won't let me put anything like that in the yard (front or back). I even offered to point it towards the ultra liberal neighbors we can't stand :D. Sooner or later I figure I'll wear her down.

Every time we drive through Gettysburg I hear an immediate loud "No!" before I even say something. Hey, at least she knows what I want.

I’ve been looking at tanks. The wife is not amused.

I have nothing to hide..I own

4 muzzleloading rifles
    1 cap and ball pistol
    13 AR15 platform rifles in various calibers
    1 AR10
    4 pistol caliber carbines
    7 rimfire rifles
    8 shotguns
    4 AR pistols
    2 lever action rifles
    4 bolt action rifles
    2 SKS rifles
    16 pistols..

As far as I'm concerned, these are rookie numbers..I'm just getting started..

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I have nothing to hide..I own

4 muzzleloading rifles
    1 cap and ball pistol
    13 AR15 platform rifles in various calibers
    1 AR10
    4 pistol caliber carbines
    7 rimfire rifles
    8 shotguns
    4 AR pistols
    2 lever action rifles
    4 bolt action rifles
    2 SKS rifles
    16 pistols..

As far as I'm concerned, these are rookie numbers..I'm just getting started..

That’s not too terrible. I have friends with walk in safes that have safes within (just for storage) that are bigger than mine and a few with indoor ranges in their basement.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I’ve been looking at tanks. The wife is not amused.

HOA says no vehicles in the yard (nothing about cannons) otherwise it would be a tank. I have a policy holder that owns a bunch of tanks so acquiring one would not be to hard for me.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    HOA says no vehicles in the yard (nothing about cannons) otherwise it would be a tank. I have a policy holder that owns a bunch of tanks so acquiring one would not be to hard for me.

I’m not sure what the HOA guys name is that has the balls to tell you that you have to move the tank out of the yard, but you call him “sir”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom