• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    Free boy’s bike. My buddy was going to throw it away, said the crank is bad. Free to someone who will diagnose, fix, and give to a child to enjoy. Pickup in Severn.
    75cfa372b5552d19e027c79a62f65dc7.jpg

t84a

USCG Master
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2013
    West Ocean City, MD
    Wish you were close. That would make a great Christmas gift for someone less fortunate. I hope someone gets it, fixes it, and pays it forward.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    A new bottom bracket runs about $30 to fix the crank, if the bearings are what is bad

But one this kind of bike they are often pressed in and not easily replaceable (As opposed to being screwed in)

The bike itself is worth about $50 on Craigslist in fully operating condition (Was easily $100 over the summer when you couldn't bike a bike at a store if your life depended on it)

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Is the front fork broke?

***Nah, the fork is fine. That look (bent fork) was all the rage for a while in BMX. It's a cheap way to adjust the geometry between the front and rear wheel, and make fork rake proper for that size frame. That fork "rake" changes the feel of the steering to make the bike feel more or less responsive to steering input based on what the bike is designed for. Older road bikes had some really cool looking "rake" in the forks back in the olden days as it was thought to affect the comfort of the bike.

BMX bikes often have front and rear pegs to do tricks so a bit of additional rake helps with foot clearance as well..

Sweet bike. I bet Fabs might want it for one of his kids mebbe, or for himself but unfortunately it's not a Colnago or Pinarello brand which is what I think he used to race on back in the day! :thumbsup: :)

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    A buddy in Severn has a shop and says he can replace the bracket pressed or otherwise, so I'll grab it and let him give it to a gift drive if no one else has any kid or organization for it to go to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom