• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rats_teeths

Jan 4, 2021
    If you live anywhere close to central Maryland, get an 80% and we can finish it in my basement with my Easy Jig Gen 2 - mine does not do AR10 lowers, only AR15 - but it's almost idiot proof, and only takes about an hour.

Of course we'll have to wait until I'm out of Rona quarantine. :party29:

You know what, I may take you up on that. I'm out by Westminster, I see your in or by Glenn Bernie, I can make that trip. Deal I have with the Mrs right now is I don't spend any more on this until payday this coming Friday, so lemme know when you're done with your quarantine. My job has me tested twice a month for it, so I can let you know my status then lol.

Is anyone selling them in store in maryland or do you got a favorite online?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    You know what, I may take you up on that. I'm out by Westminster, I see your in or by Glenn Bernie, I can make that trip. Deal I have with the Mrs right now is I don't spend any more on this until payday this coming Friday, so lemme know when you're done with your quarantine. My job has me tested twice a month for it, so I can let you know my status then lol.

Is anyone selling them in store in maryland or do you got a favorite online?
    As of today, I'm not actually officially positive for the Rona. However, my wife and I both got tested on Tuesday - hers was positive, mine was still negative. With that said, I feel like ass today, and I got tested again last night. I can't imagine what else it would be because we've been in isolation since my daughter was exposed (and she got it) on Dec 30th. (On Tuesday she was actually symptomatic. I didn't start with symptoms until late Thursday night.)

According to the CDC, I'm supposed to be good to go by the 25th, and what's more, I can neither get it, not give it to anyone else, for 90 days, which is good.

It's a deal then - get yourself an 80 lower and we'll reconvene at my place sometime after the 25th.

Rats_teeths

Jan 4, 2021
    As of today, I'm not actually officially positive for the Rona. However, my wife and I both got tested on Tuesday - hers was positive, mine was still negative. With that said, I feel like ass today, and I got tested again last night. I can't imagine what else it would be because we've been in isolation since my daughter was exposed (and she got it) on Dec 30th. (On Tuesday she was actually symptomatic. I didn't start with symptoms until late Thursday night.)

According to the CDC, I'm supposed to be good to go by the 25th, and what's more, I can neither get it, not give it to anyone else, for 90 days, which is good.

It's a deal then - get yourself an 80 lower and we'll reconvene at my place sometime after the 25th.

Awesome, thanks. Have a favorite place to order them, or know anyone I can just go to the store and pay in cash? Lol

I'll PM you around then, let you know where I'm at with it then.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I swear I drove by an airsoft place in Frederick that was advertising 80% lowers. Poly? Aluminum? No idea. I just know the sign is up. I think it's Airarm sports or something.

Duckncover

Jan 14, 2021
    howard county
    what trickg said. lower assembly is fairly easy and actually pretty fun in my opinion. if youre going to do more than one it would be smart to invest in the right tools. punches, vise block, roll pin holder etc...plenty of videos online and if you run into any issues, I guarantee someone else has too and made a video or post about it

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I totally agree. They just can't accept being an airsoft shop. Nothing wrong with that. Own it.
    A yup. One of the other bones I have to pick is that for airsoft, the hardware they carry is lower than Wish quality. M-LOK to 1913 rails are flimsy as hell and don't come with the screws and wing nuts.

I'd only go in there to get a 80 and that's it.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    A yup. One of the other bones I have to pick is that for airsoft, the hardware they carry is lower than Wish quality. M-LOK to 1913 rails are flimsy as hell and don't come with the screws and wing nuts.

I'd only go in there to get a 80 and that's it.

That's good to know. I was going to stop in but I'm better off with Alibaba.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I thought I'd update this for the folks thinking about doing an 80 lower with my Easy Jig in the basement.

As of today the illness I've been working through for the last few days is officially the Rona - Covid 19.

According to the CDC based on onset of symptoms, I'm out of the loop until the 25th. That, and a complete disinfect of my entire house - basically I'll open up the windows and wipe everything down with disinfecting sprays and wipes, although by that point there shouldn't be any live virus on any surfaces in the house - the last thing I want to do is get anyone sick.

Now that I've done a few of these on my own, I have the process down. I won't do it for you - I'll walk you though doing your own but with my equipment.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    You don't want poly for an AR.
    I've read A LOT of posts and reviews about poly lowers for ARs cracking or failing in one way or another. I'll do a poly 80 pistol, but I'm not so sure about an AR - the physics are different - the buffer tube assembly takes a fair bit of stress, even with the moderate recoil of the 223/5.56.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I've read A LOT of posts and reviews about poly lowers for ARs cracking or failing in one way or another. I'll do a poly 80 pistol, but I'm not so sure about an AR - the physics are different - the buffer tube assembly takes a fair bit of stress, even with the moderate recoil of the 223/5.56.

Direct blowback 9mm will beat the crap out of a gun more than 5.56.....

I would use a poly lower for a .22, and that's about it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom