• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Me personally, I don't want to SBR a 308 Win. For that caliber I want at least an 18" barrel. 5.56 / 300 Black / 7.62x39 / different story.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Finally got the ball rolling late Wednesday evening on that dumpster fire of a website for eforms. Paperwork and prints should be in atf hands by Tuesday. Here’s to hoping I didn’t screw the pooch and a speedy turn around :D

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    I wish i picked up a FAL before the ban. I've kicked around the idea of a 15.9" barrel SBR FAL, but everything I've read says the gas system is finicky on barrels under 18" so I've never pursued it.

I'm curious to hear how it goes. Are you doing a kit build, or starting with a pistol?

Me too!

Missed that boat.

:(

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Hokay, so my hard copy w/fingerprint cards was supposed to be delivered yesterday, it wasn’t; do I have any recourse in the event USPS somehow doesn’t get my prints delivered before the 10 day window is over?

Jakedasnake

Aug 11, 2012
    Hokay, so my hard copy w/fingerprint cards was supposed to be delivered yesterday, it wasn’t; do I have any recourse in the event USPS somehow doesn’t get my prints delivered before the 10 day window is over?

Nope! They’re going to deny your application, refund your money (2-3 weeks), and you’ll have to start over. Be sure to do next day priority Mail, with signature confirmation, and return receipt next go round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    42 days later and I finally got the approval notification for my form 1 :D

Attachments

• 90A0C9F6-BDE3-4807-83F7-587197A6F083.jpg
      90A0C9F6-BDE3-4807-83F7-587197A6F083.jpg
      115.1 KB · Views: 182
    • B1384202-40CC-46DC-9C9F-3A598F52EA13.jpg
      B1384202-40CC-46DC-9C9F-3A598F52EA13.jpg
      57.6 KB · Views: 181

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Looks nice.

Will be waiting for the range report.

Funny thing is, if the lower was serialized (on FAL the upper is the serialized part) you could have an SBR for MD, and a long barrel for out of state. :D

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Looks nice.

Will be waiting for the range report.

Funny thing is, if the lower was serialized (on FAL the upper is the serialized part) you could have an SBR for MD, and a long barrel for out of state. :D

Lol, already ahead of you there. This is FAL number 2. The other one has a 21 inch medium contour barrel on it :D I got to run it on range day, aside from the eotech trying to shit the bed, and an oddball case head separation, it was a good day :)

Last edited:

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Awesome. Gonna be a flame thrower. First MG I ever shot was a hk51 with an 8” barrel. No practical application but fun as hell.

Sev89

Dreams about cheese
    Nov 4, 2010
    Anatomy Park
    Awesome. Gonna be a flame thrower. First MG I ever shot was a hk51 with an 8” barrel. No practical application but fun as hell.

Don’t know when I’ll get a chance to shoot it in the dark. But there wasn’t much in the way of fireballs when I shot it last weekend. Put some LC, wolf, and surplus Austrian through it and didn’t get much of anything. As of right now, no fireballs, only giggles :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom