• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Just got this today from Classic Firearms. They listed the condition as Very good/Excellent and said some looked unissued. In this case, I would agree with their assessment.:thumbsup:

I had asked for input on another vendor but decided to order from them based upon recent feedback from those ordering the same item.

This P-64 looks like it is brand new. No wear marks on any of the milled surfaces. I am very pleased with it and think I would purchase from them again based on this experience.

I found good and bad reviews on every vendor. I would complain if something was wrong, I must also let others know when I am very satisfied!

Just finished installing Wolff Springs and now have a 3.5 lb. trigger pull, too.

Attachments

• 2017-03-09 17.18.44.jpg
      2017-03-09 17.18.44.jpg
      47.4 KB · Views: 768
    Last edited:

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Very nice and congrats on the first C&R purchase! :thumbsup:

It's all downhill from here, prepare to accept the C&R addiction and kiss your bank account goodbye!

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    The P-64 is my favorite of all the commie pistols that shoot 9mm mak.

P-82 may be better, the Makarov may be smoother, but give me the overbuilt commie Walther any day.

Not ALL day, of course, cuz that would get painful becuz it's snappy.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    The P-64 is my favorite of all the commie pistols that shoot 9mm mak.

P-82 may be better, the Makarov may be smoother, but give me the overbuilt commie Walther any day.

Not ALL day, of course, cuz that would get painful becuz it's snappy.

P-82 are you talking about the CZ-82, I love my p-64 just wish it was a little larger, eats the area between thumb and hand, (big Hands), my CZ-82 is just the the right size to fit my mitts. I liked it so much I picked out a 2nd one, can't beat the price. Some day I hope to get a true Makarov to add to the collection.:cool:

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Great little pistol, very accurate. Just wear some gloves when you shoot it and you'll be fine :P

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    The guy in the Brown truck got used to coming to my house, last time he asked me as I signed for the box "New Toy" answered Yup :rolleyes:

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Ever tried the FEG PA-63? They're fantastic.

I'll second that. That's what got me started with combloc pistols! Sleek, graceful and lightweight. Awesome little James Bond guns on the cheap, but built very well. Changed the springs on it and a P-64 too.
    After that was the P-64, Bulgarian Mak, East German Mak, and finally the Polish P-83. I would love to pick up a CZ-82, but need to make sure I can get mags out of state for it first.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    I love my P-64. The only thing I don't care for is trying to clear a FTF. It's almost impossible with the bottom mag release and no slide lock.

chetjp

Mar 22, 2014
    AA county
    Like my P64, too. I shot some Russian (Wolf?) FMJ ammo and it wanted to take off my hand. It was much less snappy with Federal hollow points. Accuracy was acceptable at 15 yds.

The safety was stiff. I polished the pin with a stone and cut a few coils off the spring. It is much more manageable, but still takes some effort to disengage the safety. It is better a little stiff than soft, eh?

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I'll second that. That's what got me started with combloc pistols! Sleek, graceful and lightweight. Awesome little James Bond guns on the cheap, but built very well. Changed the springs on it and a P-64 too.
    After that was the P-64, Bulgarian Mak, East German Mak, and finally the Polish P-83. I would love to pick up a CZ-82, but need to make sure I can get mags out of state for it first.

I still find mags for the CZ 82 at most of the PA gun shows. Sometimes gotta look real hard. I stopped buying after accumulating 6 but still look for them out of habit!

S&W19

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I still find mags for the CZ 82 at most of the PA gun shows. Sometimes gotta look real hard. I stopped buying after accumulating 6 but still look for them out of habit!

Thanks. I'll look for some the next time I go to Gettysburg. It may be the first time I buy magazines for a pistol I don't own yet. :D

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Nice purchase. As far as a pocket pistol being "snappy" shooting, that is the obvious trade-off when you give away mass / recoil resistance for concealability and don't select a pvssy caliber. Ever try shooting an S&W detective special with full-power heavy loads? The P64 is likely not meant to be some soccer mom's recreational target shooting pistol.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Nice purchase. As far as a pocket pistol being "snappy" shooting, that is the obvious trade-off when you give away mass / recoil resistance for concealability and don't select a pvssy caliber. Ever try shooting an S&W detective special with full-power heavy loads? The P64 is likely not meant to be some soccer mom's recreational target shooting pistol.

Took my daughter to the range yesterday to teach her to shoot. She fired about 24 rounds from my .38 S&W 2" barrel, then said she wanted to try the P-64.
    She lasted 3 rounds! LOL
    Then she went back to the .38 and shot a total of 100 rounds from it.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    I taught my wife and older daughter on a Ruger P89 9mm Luger with nice comfy Hogue wraparound finger groove grips. No sense allowing a newbie to step off into the deep end of the pool! Just too many sad results from letting young people handle tools not properly sized, powered or suited to their current proficiency and comfort level. I am still hoping my pops kicks his S&W down to me some day, though. It'll be a while before any of my girls get introduced to my hand cannons, not that a P64 is anywhere near the perimeters of that fine category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom