• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    I have to give a thumbs up :thumbsup: for Harry Potterfield .
    Midway has been great to deal with lately, they were lagging behind back in the last shortage but they have really stepped up their game.
    I've gotten tracking numbers the same day on my last few orders and they usually ship the next day for in stock items. They also manage the back orders very well.
    And they have not been price gouging either.

Last edited:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yes kudo's to Midway! but actually some of the competition has also been pretty good re getting stuff out at mostly pre-covid prices - brownells, midsouth, graf, natchez. and until they at least temporarily stopped primers & powder, basspro and cabelas were also holding mostly to prior prices, plus no hazmat for pickups.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Only two issues I’ve had with a Midway order in a long time just happened.

One isn’t really their fault. Shipped some reloading equipment to me and it went USPS. I did choose the free shipping. Been in limbo for a bit over a week “in transit, running late”. Could be worse, something I ordered from Olight has been sitting in transit for 3 weeks now ordered and shipped a few days for Xmas.

Other was sort of their fault. Ordered 500 Speer 110gr SPRN .308 bullets. The box burst in shipping and about 150 odd of them leaked out of the shipping box by the time it got to me. Whole package was a bit busted up. Looked kind of like it fell off a stack of boxes. The shipping plastic cushions had all popped in the box.

They refunded me 1/3 of the order price with no hassle. I’d rather the bullets, but I can’t complain that they made it right, right away.

I've ordered a ton of stuff from them over the last few months. While some stuff has been on back order they have been on point getting everything together and shipped as fast as they can. I had an issue with one order and I sent them an email through their contact us link. Instead of sending me an email back I actually got an in-person phone call from one of their customer reps. She was amazing and we chatted for a couple of minutes and she told me that they have people from every department working in their warehouse picking orders and prepping things for shipping. People from departments that don't normally deal with that from HR all the way to janitorial. Larry potterfield is one of my personal heroes. His story is an inspiration to anyone who enjoys the outdoor sports. And I let the customer rep from Midway know that they have a customer for life out of me because of the high quality customer service that they provide.

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    My past experience with Midway was not good at all. Back after sandy hook I back ordered a bucket of Remington golden bullets. Waited so long that I had to update my credit card before it expired. They ended up canceling my order after waiting a year. Every back order I got from them only shipped once the demand went down so it wasn't a good price anymore. Seemed very strategic to me. Problem with the 22lr was demand took a long time to go down so their business strategy wasn't working so they canceled with no reason given. Guess they were about to get some in stock and didn't want to honor the backordered price. Haven't used them since.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    My past experience with Midway was not good at all. Back after sandy hook I back ordered a bucket of Remington golden bullets. Waited so long that I had to update my credit card before it expired. They ended up canceling my order after waiting a year. Every back order I got from them only shipped once the demand went down so it wasn't a good price anymore. Seemed very strategic to me. Problem with the 22lr was demand took a long time to go down so their business strategy wasn't working so they canceled with no reason given. Guess they were about to get some in stock and didn't want to honor the backordered price. Haven't used them since.
    Well that's a long time to hold a grudge, especially over a bucket of bullets that you could probably find cheaper at Walmart, but I guess you can't please all of the people all of the time.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I've only ever had very good experiences with Midway USA.

When I first got my guns from my Dad's estate, I needed a bunch of stuff to start reloading, along with some other basics - Hoppes, gun oil, cleaning supplies, powder, primers, etc. It was a one-stop-shop. I had one issue with the order - their supplier for the powder I had originally chosen for .45 ACP, the first caliber I was going to reload, kinda screwed them, and they Midway didn't actually have it. They called me to ask how I wanted to handle it, and they hooked me up with an alternative that actually ended up costing me less than what I had originally chosen. (I had chosen W231, and they subbed in Bullseye, which was my second choice.) They did this over the phone while I was on my commute home from work one day - they did all of the lookups, gave me options, etc - SUPER helpful.

I sent a "thank you" email to the general information email address to say how much I appreciated that not only did they have everything I needed, but that I also appreciated their customer support. Larry Potterfield himself sent me a personal email in response.

I don't get everything from them, but I ordered from them just this week - they're nothing but good in my book.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

Had just the opposite experience. On January 1 2013, I ordered a case of CCI Mini-Mags. The price at the time was just over 6 cents per round.

It took 54 weeks for Midway to fill that order. But fill it they did, and at the original price.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Midway has been great to deal with lately, they were lagging behind back in the last shortage but they have really stepped up their game.
    I've gotten tracking numbers the same day on my last few orders and they usually ship the next day for in stock items. They also manage the back orders very well.
    Larry Potterfield.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

LARRY Potterfield is the CEO of Midway. Harry must be his brother....:D

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

Another thumbs-up for Midway/Larry - ordered a MEC stand at 10:00 am this morning and got another email at 10:24 am that it was "shipped" with a 3 day arrival schedule. Whatever he/Midway have done to adapt to the crazy surge is working - Kudos!

Oswaldo87

Feb 1, 2020
    Frederick County
    Found a bulk pack of their factory seconds 175gr .308 bullets (which are excellent options if you are looking) with 1 left in stock. It let me checkout and sent me a confirmation email. Told me a few days later that there was a problem and they couldn’t send them. Oh well I guess I missed out. Kind of peeved but one incident out of many great ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom