• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    I know I know... Another "is this md legal" post.

I seem to remember arsenal AK's (or at least some?) were md legal? Is this one? Why or why not?

I texted my buddy who's an ffl but he doesn't do NFA stuff anymore and wasn't sure. Said he thought it wasn't legal bc it's a copy cat.... But we're not sure bc it's an sbr.

Any help? Wanna pull the trigger before it goes oos.

https://shootingsurplus.com/arsenal-slr104ur-sbr-545x39-8-5/

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    1st it is 5.45mm which should mean its good to go. 7.62x39 is banned.

2nd it is a factory sbr. I believe you can have sbr AKs in any caliber due to the nfa tax stamp.

Someone with shorties will be along to explain better than I can.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

2nd it is a factory sbr. I believe you can have sbr AKs in any caliber due to the nfa tax stamp.

Spot on

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    From Arsenal's website, it says that particular model is only "28 7/8 in. (733 mm) and I'm not sure if that length on the website is with or without the brake attached. You could always have a brake pinned and welded on, but it seems like it'd be too much trouble imo

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    I saw a post on here when I did a search before I posted. Basically stated they did a p&w on the brake for the oal requirement. That's my plan. Gonna call duffy's tomorrow.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I saw a post on here when I did a search before I posted. Basically stated they did a p&w on the brake for the oal requirement. That's my plan. Gonna call duffy's tomorrow.

Duffy’s is a good choice.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County

I thought 7.62x39 pistols weren't banned? Couldn't you buy a 7.62x39 pistol and SBR it?

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    This makes me want to sbr a Tantal or Polish under folder to 15 inches just because. Saw one, under folder, at a Timonium show before 2013...$425. Why I didn't snatch it up I'll never know!

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I thought 7.62x39 pistols weren't banned? Couldn't you buy a 7.62x39 pistol and SBR it?

7.62x39 ak pistols aren't all on the pistol roster. Npap, Draco and C39 I know are and yes you could brace it, then when your tax stamp comes back...engraving then mount the stock...has to be 29" oal though. Clear as mud, can't spell mud without MD.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    The RD704 is a MD legal 11.5” AKP in 7.62x39 (a cheaper version is the draco cugir).

Attachments

• FF717796-D4ED-4E17-B1A6-5577B7558AFB.jpg
      FF717796-D4ED-4E17-B1A6-5577B7558AFB.jpg
      20.6 KB · Views: 275

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    From Arsenal's website, it says that particular model is only "28 7/8 in. (733 mm) and I'm not sure if that length on the website is with or without the brake attached. You could always have a brake pinned and welded on, but it seems like it'd be too much trouble imo

Maybe easier to screw/glue a butt pad on it...

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Sorry to keep hijacking this thread... Do you all have any preferences on AK pistols, esp ones you'd SBR? I'm thinking I might buy one in the upcoming year.
    I think the 12.5” AK-E pistol from PSA is an awesome choice if they ever get it to market in numbers.

Otherwise, take your pick of whatever is on the roster based on the barrel length you like. The Zastava pistols are good quality and seem to be coming into the country regularly. Not sure if any of the WBP pistols are on the roster, but they are good quality.

I think an 11.5-12.5” barrel is about perfect on a side folding AK, but that may depend. Supposedly the brown bear subsonics do a better job staying subsonic from a 10.5”, but whatevs.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I think the 12.5” AK-E pistol from PSA is an awesome choice if they ever get it to market in numbers.

Otherwise, take your pick of whatever is on the roster based on the barrel length you like. The Zastava pistols are good quality and seem to be coming into the country regularly. Not sure if any of the WBP pistols are on the roster, but they are good quality.

I think an 11.5-12.5” barrel is about perfect on a side folding AK, but that may depend. Supposedly the brown bear subsonics do a better job staying subsonic from a 10.5”, but whatevs.
    Funny posting about this considering the ATF is pushing that ban right now. I'm guessing these guns will dry up over the next couple days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom