• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • czman

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 20, 2020
    still open for business in Southern Maryland?

Three or maybe four of the shops I patronized over the years have now closed down. Fred's is still open, and I have bought firearms there, but it is an expensive store and charges a lot for transfers, too.

So, what's left in terms of real brick and mortar stores you can expect to be open during normal Monday-Saturday business hours that do not charge full boat for firearms and supplies?

PIT BULL

Mar 5, 2013
    There is J2 in Prince Frederick in the industrial park off of Rt. 231. However, they are open Tuesday through Saturday.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    The stores with better pricing tend to be the ones that are not open the most convenient hours I have noticed.

Freds and Tackle box being the outliers here :lol:

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Also Flat Broke Shooters, south of NAS Pax River. A very nice indoor range that also has a good selection of firearms. They have had some beautiful pre-owned guns. Nice people to work with, too.

koya1782

Dec 28, 2020
    I've had great success with Cromwell fire Arms. Still have good price on their ammo and good selection on handguns.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Didn't there use to be a place that sold nutritional products and gu.......Oh wait, never mind...

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    JMJ, accurate, and then there is a shop in the buildings at the farmers market, can't recall the name but very good people. All 3 are good people in my experience, buying in stock guns and ammo. I guess of the 3 jmj is the only one with m-s hours. Accurate is open till 7 a couple nights a week and the market shop is open saturdays.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    That would be GLR Enterprises at the Charlotte Hall " Amish" Market , a former IP here . Yes Gary and Mary are good people .

During " normal" times he was primarily open on weekends , but with the 'Rona slamming his " Day Career " , they're currently open most days throughout the week in addition .

In addition to guns, also has hunting/ fishing/ camping stuff , and regularly hosts reasonably priced HQL classes .

As with everyone nowdays inventory is tight , but has recently become authorized Glock dealer . In normal times has a little of everything , with a specialty in classic and C&R .

If you're making the circuit of SOMD gun stores , he's 5 minutes away from JMJ .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom