• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I just wanted to interject by correcting two erroneous assumptions.

First is that Federal employees aren't allowed to conduct any personal activities from their Government account. Not true. Every Agency has its own rules, but generally you're able to check personal e-mail, surf the 'Net, and such on your own time (like lunchtime). It's also commonly tolerated to do stuff like that at other times, as long as it doesn't interfere with official duties. If someone abuses that, it does become clear real fast.

Second is the impression that some might have that all Federal or Government employees automatically have the authorization to carry weapons, either on- or off-duty. Not true. I worked for decades in various DoD agencies, and the only times I was issued a weapon was when deployed -- and not always then. Badge-carrying LEOs generally carry on-duty, but that doesn't give them automatic off-duty CCW authorization.

Now I'll go back to lurking.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Does the Office of Professional Management know that you are using their resources to do it?
    I know, that you know...
    So this Leftist nitwit works for the ATF? Lol, figures. They only hire morons.
    No.
    I know who he is now, right down to what his job title is and what facility he works in. It's not the ATF, as it turns out but a different high profile agency.
    I know where you're going....
    Good lord. Came here looking for answers to a question. Get damn near doxxed.
    Sometimes you need to get the lay of the land before doing silly things.
    You're a Bolshevik and a threat to everything this community stands for. You simply cannot be a "leftist" and support the 2nd amendment. The two ideologies are polar opposites in how freedom is viewed.

If I wanted to dox you, I could carry all of your information to your employer this second down to the building. It would have already occurred before you got to 20 posts.
    There is the headshot.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    There is wayyyy too much industry involved in American gun manufacturing for the Chamber of Commerce to allow anything egregious to happen. The political will just isn't there either, with a majority of Americans supporting gun ownership. Also, there isn't an enforcement mechanism in place that would facilitate any serious policy changes. There are like, 2500 ATF agents. Compared to 400 million firearms. Plus, the judiciary from top to bottom is overwhelmingly pro-gun ownership.

Every 4 years there is a panic and the only beneficiary are the industry leaders that profit from our panic buying. Just try and relax. Take good political action (Call/Write/Email your congressman) but try and relax.

So there it is; Leftist joined up a little after 8PM yesterday, jumps into this thread on page 3 and racks up 19 posts of his own, as well as 41 responses, direct or indirect.

What is the agenda? Derailing a thread about 2A? First post seemed to indicate that we shouldn't worry, there's no political will to destroy our 2A rights, the courts are on our side. Pretty specious, since we here all know how the game has worked.

Then a lot of "everything is cool, it's not like it looks" and "I'm involved in the firearms industry" and "I'm not a troll, USA destroyed Venezuela",

Then OMG I'm being doxxed!

Busy day. All this action between 10 AM and noon. All quiet on the Leftist front at this time.

What's the record for the ban hammer? I don't think he's going to get first place, but not for lack of effort.

God knows we need some amusement these days.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    When the Demoncrats add a couple of three seats to the SC and confirm liberal justices then the SC will be irrelevant.

There are many Democrats who are not in favor of that. I’d be surprised if they actually did it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    I can assure you, I’m not a troll.

Personally, my politics attempt to push for more Democracy, while the conservative view is more for a Republic-like situation that requires some form of elitist representation.

I actually do believe he's not a troll but everyone on MDS is defensive mode first :D

Pushing for democracy is pushing for mob mentality so I'd love to hear your personal clarification on that.

To be more republic like is to push towards the rule of law that mitigates the negative effects of mob mentality (to which there are many). I think you're confusing "elitist representation" with the rule of law because of how we've implemented the law here in the states. The politicians who are supposed to work through the checks and balances of government only look elitist today and weren't supposed to be something besides representatives of that actual people.

Still, I'd like to hear the direction of your thinking with that one sentence alone.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    "elitist representation"

First let lie to the Americans to be elected. Pandering to every group instead of telling them the truth.

Then after getting elected do everything they want regardless what the Americans want. Hide behind "I am elected to make decision for Americans".

The million dollars question they all should answer at town hall meetings before the election:

"Why do you spend 2-5 millions campaigning for a job that pays $174,000 a year?"

Not telling the truth should be automatically disqualified.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    The intent of the founders were that you run 1 term of office and then go home doing your other job for the rest of your life. Now you have the old skeleton like Diane Feinstein staying in there forever.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    Back to is the 2nd dead? No, it's not. Our Supreme Court justices understand everything that's at stake if the dems try to pack it. Who really thinks the five good justices are going to affirm any democrat party attempts at packing the court? And Manchin might be a democrat but he won't go along with enlarging the court either.

And say Harris Biden issue an executive order harming gun rights. All we need is a single Trump judge anywhere to nullify it just like Obama and Clinton judges have been doing to Trump for four years.

You can look in Justice Barrett's eyes and tell how she will decide Second Amendment cases. She is a true America Patriot.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Back to is the 2nd dead? No, it's not. Our Supreme Court justices understand everything that's at stake if the dems try to pack it. Who really thinks the five good justices are going to affirm any democrat party attempts at packing the court? And Manchin might be a democrat but he won't go along with enlarging the court either.

And say Harris Biden issue an executive order harming gun rights. All we need is a single Trump judge anywhere to nullify it just like Obama and Clinton judges have been doing to Trump for four years.

You can look in Justice Barrett's eyes and tell how she will decide Second Amendment cases. She is a true America Patriot.

Better hope Thomas can hang on for another four years.

Roberts is a serpent. Just felt I had to mention it.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    The intent of the founders were that you run 1 term of office and then go home doing your other job for the rest of your life. Now you have the old skeleton like Diane Feinstein staying in there forever.

Then you have a constant turnover of elected folks who are never around long enough to understand what's going on, meanwhile, entrenched staffers flourish due to the lack of meaningful oversight by unskilled elected officials. Both options suck.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I think gun control is now a sure thing because dems are treating this as their trump card to justify anything, and because all the rights talk of guns being for killing tyrants suddenly became very real.
    Basically the ignorant left comments of "your guns are for fighting tyranny? What's your ar15 going to do against an apache" realized the people storming the capitol could have done muuuuuuuuch more if they came in blastin.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Then you have a constant turnover of elected folks who are never around long enough to understand what's going on, meanwhile, entrenched staffers flourish due to the lack of meaningful oversight by unskilled elected officials. Both options suck.

Then make the staffers go too. All new every session. Fine by me.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    If they were only concerning themselves with - Common Defense of the states, interstate commerce and protecting the bill of rights and a FEW other minor things,,, then they would not need tons of "Staffers"

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    The constitution is only relevant if it’s recognized. What 2020 taught us is that in the pursuit of attaining power our constitutional rights don’t matter.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    Agencies I’ve been involved with prohibited reading personal email on gov computers. It’s a potential security risk. fred55

I just wanted to interject by correcting two erroneous assumptions.

First is that Federal employees aren't allowed to conduct any personal activities from their Government account. Not true. Every Agency has its own rules, but generally you're able to check personal e-mail, surf the 'Net, and such on your own time (like lunchtime). It's also commonly tolerated to do stuff like that at other times, as long as it doesn't interfere with official duties. If someone abuses that, it does become clear real fast.

Second is the impression that some might have that all Federal or Government employees automatically have the authorization to carry weapons, either on- or off-duty. Not true. I worked for decades in various DoD agencies, and the only times I was issued a weapon was when deployed -- and not always then. Badge-carrying LEOs generally carry on-duty, but that doesn't give them automatic off-duty CCW authorization.

Now I'll go back to lurking.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If they were only concerning themselves with - Common Defense of the states, interstate commerce and protecting the bill of rights and a FEW other minor things,,, then they would not need tons of "Staffers"

The constitution is only relevant if it’s recognized. What 2020 taught us is that in the pursuit of attaining power our constitutional rights don’t matter.

These.

Big gov = smaller rights
    Smaller gov = big rights

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom