• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Doing "browser separation" and looking for a browser just for personal browsing.
    I was steered towards Firefox. Unfortunately there is no way to organize your saved/favorite web sites.
    They do have "bookmarks" but no way to organize in folders and sub folders.

Can anyone suggest a browser that allows saving "favorite" web sites and organizing in folders and sub folders??

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    You can organize you favorites into folders and subfolders in Firefox. Right click on the main tabs on the left-side screen, create your folder.

Attachments

• BCE3D9DD-42D0-4C0A-95DE-7A6F0B43D342.jpg
      BCE3D9DD-42D0-4C0A-95DE-7A6F0B43D342.jpg
      83 KB · Views: 265

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    As stated above, you can organize bookmarks. But Mozilla appears to be going stupid, so maybe an alternative is a good idea.

temccoy

Nov 13, 2020
    The CEO of Mozilla, which is Firefox, came out recently with a public statement that internet companies needed to do more than deplatform President Trump. I have been using Firefox, but am looking for a different browser now.

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    The CEO of Mozilla, which is Firefox, came out recently with a public statement that internet companies needed to do more than deplatform President Trump. I have been using Firefox, but am looking for a different browser now.
    Same. That statement was from someone unhinged.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    You want a browser that is older than dirt, runs slower than molasses, and can find things as well as Helen Keller.

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County

As a result I dumped Firefox and I'm using Brave right now.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Doing "browser separation" and looking for a browser just for personal browsing.
    I was steered towards Firefox. Unfortunately there is no way to organize your saved/favorite web sites.

Can anyone suggest a browser that allows saving "favorite" web sites and organizing in folders and sub folders??

In Firefox, you simply need to click on Bookmarks, Show All Bookmarks. This opens an explorer type window where you can organize them any way you like.

I have hundreds of sites organized in folders/sub-folders that I have saved over the years.

I find it easiest to create whatever directory I want when saving the bookmark, and you direct Firefox where to save it.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Thanks for the heads up on Bookmarks. I could not have designed anything more UN-intuitive if I had tried.

I will be dropping Firefox do to the political BS.

I'll start a thread on browsers.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD

Thanks for the heads up on Bookmarks. I could not have designed anything more UN-intuitive if I had tried.

I will be dropping Firefox do to the political BS.

I'll start a thread on browsers.

Duck duck go, I use it on my computer, and my android phone.

It seems to be faster then chrome on my Pixel 4.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Another thought--
    Nothing is free, what is the catch with all the free browsers? are they collecting data?

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Open source browsers are just that. The source code is freely available. If someone attempts to add nefarious code, they are quickly shutdown. Sort of like the moderators do on these forums.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Another thought--
    Nothing is free, what is the catch with all the free browsers? are they collecting data?

The information on the Internet is free. Companies use cookies, super cookies and other means (IP addresses, location, etc.) to obtain ad revenue.

Open source projects are free as they are just information.

Services like having someone else compile and distribute open source code is paid for through advertising and donations and folks that donate their time and energy to do this.

Some open source projects have a commercial build and support (like Fedora and Red Hat).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom