• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MiddleRiverShootist

Jan 18, 2015
    Baltimore Co
    Hello MDS brothers and sisters. Seeming how ammo prices are crazy as hell, Just wondering if there's any interest in starting a Cowboy Action Rimfire ,,,, club,,, shoot,,, something??

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I'd be interested except I just bought 2 new 357 pistols for Cowboy shooting. I've been buying what ammo I can for them. I've got an older Ruger Single Six so I guess I could find another. Where would you be shooting? Anne Arundel Fish & Game?

MiddleRiverShootist

Jan 18, 2015
    Baltimore Co

Jd2020

Nov 20, 2020
    Queen Anne’s Co
    I’m game. I was looking into cowboy shooting before ammogeddon. Besides levers maybe some pumps would be options (Winchester 1890, the 62a? Not an expert but there are definitely old pump models). I believe 22 rimfire goes back before centerfire. Like 1850s. Shotgun??? Maybe only 410 to keep everything peewee sized. RST makes low power loads for all gauges.
    I have three kids that all shoot.22 Definitely want to find some rimfire club/activity. Good idea

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I’m game. I was looking into cowboy shooting before ammogeddon. Besides levers maybe some pumps would be options (Winchester 1890, the 62a? Not an expert but there are definitely old pump models). I believe 22 rimfire goes back before centerfire. Like 1850s. Shotgun??? Maybe only 410 to keep everything peewee sized. RST makes low power loads for all gauges.
    I have three kids that all shoot.22 Definitely want to find some rimfire club/activity. Good idea

As I said above, I'm just getting to it myself. Shot 1 Saturday at Anne Arundel Fish & Game, look up their website, the next one isn't until March 14th or something like that. Definitely got me hooked.

MiddleRiverShootist

Jan 18, 2015
    Baltimore Co
    Right now i only have single action pistols, but id like to get a Henry lever 22lr. And have some fun! I know nothing of how to get something like this started,, but it seems like it would be fun and cheaper than using up our centerfire ammo.

MiddleRiverShootist

Jan 18, 2015
    Baltimore Co
    I have a banged up leg now,,, but im good with moving forward to get the ball rolling with something. Im surprized something like that hasnt already been suggested.... being ammo what it is nowadays

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have a banged up leg now,,, but im good with moving forward to get the ball rolling with something. Im surprized something like that hasnt already been suggested.... being ammo what it is nowadays

The groups I used to shoot with have cancelled every match last year. SASS is mostly old people, who are the most vulnerable to the Rona.

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Thinking more about this. Change a few things for cost efficiency such as only 1
    single action revolver required with a holster (not necessarily period correct). A lever action rifle and a 410 shotgun pump or lever (again not necessarily period correct). Still require cowboy attire, no ball caps or jeans hanging around your knees.
    You would still have scenarios for each round but consider you're just using 1 revolver.

Dave M

Jan 27, 2013
    Pa.
    Seeing this reminds me of how bad I want a Taylor and Co. SAA in 22lr. Have the holsters already. :D

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    The Mill Creek Wranglers, at AAF&G outside Annapolis, have increased the number of cowboys shooting Wild Bunch (1911/.45 ACP).

We haven't gone to .22 yet. One of these days, maybe.

(AAF&G does have a Rimfire Match on the last Sunday.)

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    This sounds awesome! If it only requires one pistol Id try to come. I dont have a HQL and dont plan on getting one. I have always wanted to do some sort of cowboy action shoot. My timing is terrible and something stupid always comes up. One day I WILL make it down to Annapolis for one of their shoots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom