• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    SWO Daddy: "The lanes are small"

Could you amplify that a bit...like 3 feet , 4 Feet........maybe inches???

Enough room for a gun box, load/unload space, Brass catcher on a stand, Ammo bag etc...???

Thanks

This isn't a pic of their range but it looks to be the same design

Attachments

• o8w3zs-b88736004z.120160616172655000gnrh6oc4.10.jpg
      o8w3zs-b88736004z.120160616172655000gnrh6oc4.10.jpg
      88.3 KB · Views: 365

RT468

Feb 19, 2009
    Catonsville Md
    I haven't been by in probably at least 10yrs. Went by today in an attempt to function check a carbine I bought from Shooters Discount and had what I hope to be mag issues. Put it away and forgot about it. All available lanes in use with people at the counter filling out forms and waiting. So I guess for local people it's still a viable option. Considered pulling out a Garand and the carbine and heading to Hap but didn't want to travel that distance and risk not getting a lane. FWIW they did have ARs and 2 pump shotguns on the wall if anybody's in the market and close by. Not an endorsement of the place or their prices or policies but in these times any available stock is worth mentioning.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Shot there a lot before Cindy’s opened up. Started shooting there because it’s just closer. It’s not horrible there buttttt it’s hot in the summer . Just follow the rules, like them or not. There range their rules. Staff ehhhhhh always been fine with me but I have seen some very condescending behavior. It’s an older range , low light . 25 ft rule for targets . Don’t go nowhere near the place on weekends . 1thru 10 give them a 6 or 7 . Definitely needs a face lift but hey I’m there to look at targets

FN509Fan

Ultimate Member
    I shot at OT a few times in 2006 with my bro who lives less than 10 min away, seemed OK compared to some of the places I used to shoot at when I lived in the Chicago suburbs. If you rent their guns you have to buy your ammo there. That may be common for gun rentals. Dunno. New wife recently decided she wanted to learn to shoot because of all the political turmoil so we toured the area ranges. We did HQL training via Zoom and went to MSAR to shoot a single round. MSAR is pretty grungy and it was cold but they are closer to where we live than OT and MSAR has half price range time 6-8 M-Th and not limited to 30 min. We stopped at OT last week, the range looked like a step up from MSAR but the guy behind the counter made a comment about hoping we'd have a civil war soon. That turned my wife off. Same day we stopped at Cindy's, the place is modern and spotless and the counter guy did everything he could do to get my wife to fondle a few range guns. He asked if we wanted to shoot, but there were 2 people in line for the range and the range was full and the wait at least 30 min. I think they had 10 lanes.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Shot there a lot before Cindy’s opened up. Started shooting there because it’s just closer. It’s not horrible there buttttt it’s hot in the summer . Just follow the rules, like them or not. There range their rules. Staff ehhhhhh always been fine with me but I have seen some very condescending behavior. It’s an older range , low light . 25 ft rule for targets . Don’t go nowhere near the place on weekends . 1thru 10 give them a 6 or 7 . Definitely needs a face lift but hey I’m there to look at targets
    It’s hard to be condescending with me when I bring in an older Ruger Blackhawk and the noobs behind the counter can’t figure how how to check it to see if it’s clear. (Apparently on newer models the cylinder releases as soon as you open the loading gate and there’s no need for half-cock. I wouldn’t know - I don’t own one.) I’ve had that happen several times.

Either way though I’ve never had anyone be condescending towards me there. Bart’s Sports World on the other hand....

The older guy behind the counter didn’t believe me when I was telling him about a collectible Winchester 1886 I have. He kept looking over his glasses at me while he attempted to look it up in a values book he had behind the counter. It’s rare enough that he couldn’t find a valuation on it, and he didn’t believe me, so I suppose in his experience he’d probably met a bunch of blow-hards who didn’t know what they were talking about. Then I brought it in and showed it to him, along with the letter from the Cody Firearms museum. He was never condescending towards me after that.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    If you’ve ever worked in a gun store you’d understand the mentality. It’s a public place in a populated area and you get what you’d expect unde those circumstances. Nice to have a place to go shoot on a moments notice and members can reserve a lane. When Ed ran the place it was more squared away that’s for sure. Never heard of anyone getting accosted in the lot and if you aren’t aware then oh well I suppose. People will really complain when there is nowhere else left to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr H

Banana'd
    I have never had a bad experience at On Target. As mentioned, have your pistol ready for inspection and don't go in with loaded mags. I don't like the looks of the strip mall it is in, so don't leave anything in sight in the car while I am there.

Cindy is very nice, with brand new shooting lanes.

Try them both and go with what works for you.

Pretty well parallels my opinions. I've been a member there off and on for almost 10 years, and never a complaint (besides one salesman who is long gone).

Are they back open? They had closed for some time due to CV-19 restrictions, but did extend memberships commensurately.

Cindy's impressed me when I dropped in to chat and get a feel for their business plans right after they first opened. Even though it'll cost more, when it's time to go the membership route again, I'll be going to Cindy's.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    Pretty well parallels my opinions. I've been a member there off and on for almost 10 years, and never a complaint (besides one salesman who is long gone).

Are they back open? They had closed for some time due to CV-19 restrictions, but did extend memberships commensurately.

Cindy's impressed me when I dropped in to chat and get a feel for their business plans right after they first opened. Even though it'll cost more, when it's time to go the membership route again, I'll be going to Cindy's.

Trusting your opinion i will stop in again. It was always hit or miss with the attitude there in the past.

Duckncover

Jan 14, 2021
    howard county
    I used to be a member there years ago. Very friendly staff and a decent selection of rental guns. One thing I didnt like was lack of an armed RSO on the line at all times. They may have changed that by now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom