• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    This please MS

It’s about getting Patriots organized who have not previously been involved in the fight. As the GC leader, I can say with all conviction, people have had enough. Whether symbolic or not, this proposal has gotten our community to finally leave the silent majority and become the overwhelming vocal majority. When you have the antis posting propaganda in the local newspaper, you’re doing something right.
    fae5f4072bf18b5c8d0a83854c768930.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    It’s about getting Patriots organized who have not previously been involved in the fight. As the GC leader, I can say with all conviction, people have had enough. Whether symbolic or not, this proposal has gotten our community to finally leave the silent majority and become the overwhelming vocal majority. When you have the antis posting propaganda in the local newspaper, you’re doing something right.

Sorry i was trying to get Muleskinner to back off I already had my encounter with him a couple weeks back for the same reason. I'm in St Marys County our sister county Calvert just passed their 2A,Were a done deal but ruling was delayed that's right Corona

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019

Thank you Jefflac for providing this Bloomturd propaganda flyer.

We need all members’ help in this thread: please volunteer to represent your County here by posting your County .gov contact information.

To have every County represented here sends a message to the enemies of American freedom that we are united, and will not back down from this fight to restore our Rights.

Attachments

• 98FBB0D9-5E1F-49AB-807E-8BC680E6241A.jpeg
      98FBB0D9-5E1F-49AB-807E-8BC680E6241A.jpeg
      133.5 KB · Views: 214
    Last edited:

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Washington County Commissioners are presenting their resolution to declare our County a 2A sanctuary this Tuesday morning. A 4 minute drive for me, I have no excuse NOT to be there. All 5 of our Commissioners are R's. 4 of them have already spoken in favor of the resolution. This is WESTERN Maryland. Not Annapolis, not Baltimore, not Montgomery County. One of our local gun shop owners is going to present the resolution. I will be there to speak in favor of.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Shame

These guys anti-2A. Smh

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Schweet

1) the entire country is a second amendment sanctuary 2) unless the law enforcement agency in your county is willing to refused to enforce gun control laws I don't care whether you claim to be a second amendment Sanctuary or not. You ain't one. In counties with police departments I promise you they will enforce all of the laws of the state of Maryland and In the state of Maryland counties that do not have a County Police Department have a sheriff's office. Those Sheriff's offices are augmented by the Maryland State Police. If your County sheriff and his deputies refused to enforce gun control laws I promise you the Maryland State Police will step in and do it for them. In short, a second Amendment Sanctuary County in Maryland is an exercise in futility. It's just not going to happen

Thanks for letting us know where you would stand if you were still LEO. Even if law is unconstitutional. Goodonya. Shit might as well just give myself up now. Smh

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Possible TV news story about 2A Sanctuaries at 11 PM tonight (Sunday 3/15) on the Eastern Shore, on WMDT TV (ABC) Salisbury, channel 47-1 on antenna TV.

This story was just teased on a lower-third banner during a commercial bump in the 8 o’ clock hour.

I don’t know if this is a Maryland or a Delaware story, since WMDT covers both MD ES and Lower Slower in their market.

I hope to have a link to a Maryland story later: :fingerscrossed:

Post news update: no story on this tonight, it might have been a tease for tomorrow night and I missed that part of it, because I saw the banner just before the commercial bumped out. I look for it Monday night 3/16.

Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    A scheduled vote on a 2A Sanctuary Resolution tonight by the Commissioners of St. Mary’s County was postponed due to the public building closures ordered by the State and Counties.

Supporters of the 2A Sanctuary County Resolution in St. Mary’s and Calvert Counties met last Friday night at O’ Gannigan’s Irish Pub in Prince Frederick, MD.

Read more about it here on the Patriot Picket website blog post:

https://patriotpicket.org/f/calvert-county-2a-sanctuary-meeting-success-on-313

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 071CA397-C1A3-4B51-8869-E8C35D7951E2.jpg
      071CA397-C1A3-4B51-8869-E8C35D7951E2.jpg
      75.9 KB · Views: 233
    • 3BF34C11-DF68-4AA9-8464-1FC9AAD8CACA.jpg
      3BF34C11-DF68-4AA9-8464-1FC9AAD8CACA.jpg
      78.3 KB · Views: 217

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Unfortunately our County Commissioners meeting was canceled today in Washington County due to the ********.

Thank you Kicken Wing!

Likewise in nearby Garrett County, which also has been actively advancing their 2A Sanctuary County Resolution in Western Maryland.

This anti-2A Sanctuary newspaper ad below is attempting to stop this freedom movement in Garrett County. The top pic below is a better quality image of the pic of this ad that Jefflac first posted up-thread in post #22.

The second pic is the answering letter from Garrett County 2A Sanctuary County Resolution supporters that is destined to also become a local newspaper ad.

H/T to Jefflac and the members of the “Garrett County 2A Supporters” FB group for the letter, signed by the “GC Residents Taking Action”:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/239665860393616/?ref=share

This is also being discussed on the MDS thread: “Garrett 2A firearms owners meeting”:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=242808

:thumbsup: :mdpatriot

Attachments

• F98482BE-1E07-45E9-84D5-8BF5DF798D88.jpeg
      F98482BE-1E07-45E9-84D5-8BF5DF798D88.jpeg
      133.5 KB · Views: 383
    • 16B46D5E-DD94-49F3-AA62-6ED97B2BC739.jpeg
      16B46D5E-DD94-49F3-AA62-6ED97B2BC739.jpeg
      50.3 KB · Views: 393
    Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    If you want to send a comment to the Garrett County Commissioners to support the proposed 2A Sanctuary County Resolution there you have only until this Friday, March 20th to send it:

https://www.garrettcounty.org/commissioners

Thanks again to Jefflac for a second “Garrett County Sanctuary Meeting” thread:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=5815452#post5815452

From Jefflac: “Also, the 3/26 town hall will be rescheduled. We are working on doing a Facebook live event. Join our page for up to date info”:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/239665860393616/?ref=share

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019

Attachments

• A2B52150-7384-4074-B13A-56590A08C0B7.jpg
      A2B52150-7384-4074-B13A-56590A08C0B7.jpg
      104.1 KB · Views: 394

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Unfortunately our County Commissioners meeting was canceled today in Washington County due to the King Flu.

Yeah, we're waiting to see how this whole thing blows over. Once it does, we'll post it on the Western Md FB page when we get a date. Otherwise, all 5 commissioners didn't even hesitate to say yes. Even Sheriff Mullendore jumped on in.

Hang in there.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Yeah, we're waiting to see how this whole thing blows over. Once it does, we'll post it on the Western Md FB page when we get a date. Otherwise, all 5 commissioners didn't even hesitate to say yes. Even Sheriff Mullendore jumped on in.

Hang in there.

That's awesome buddy! Keep me in the loop. Do you know who you are talking to on here? lol! I recognize your avatar and your cryptic screen name. :D

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    In light of the bills pending in Annapolis, and the anti-2A hate in DC, yesterday I wrote to my Carroll County commissioner Dennis Frazier to ask about the status of the Carroll County Second Amendment Preservation Resolution (2A Sanctuary) and to ask that it be updated to incorporate any new infringements on a state or federal level.

The response I received this morning from Mr. Frazier is that the resolution is still in force and effect, but has not been updated. Nothing further on my request that it be updated. I haven’t decided yet whether to press him on that.

As symbolic as these Resolutions probably are (yes I’m also aware of the Red Flag thread), IMHO if we don’t maintain awareness on the part of our local electeds that we’re watching what they do, it makes it all the easier for them and the State to further infringe.

CC isn’t what it was when we moved here, or even what it was in 2013 when the Resolution was unanimously adopted by the Board of Commissioners. All of those Commissioners are now gone...but I still live here, and I suppose I try to take small comfort where I can find it in this miserable state. There’s nothing we can do about the changing demographics of the county. But I’d be interested in knowing how the other CC Commissioners reply to this issue, if asked by CC residents in the other districts outside of Westminster.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I am glad this thread popped up. Washington County got put on hold last year for 2A Sanctuary status due to covid. The meeting of the commissioners was only one day away from happening and then everything shut down. I am happy to report that as of about a week or 2 ago, Washington County Commissioners unanimously voted to make our county a 2A Sanctuary. The article that appeared in our newspaper was a breath of fresh air. It was good to hear our commissioners call this a people problem and not a gun problem. Especially with the low homicide rate in Hagerstown. I am not sure if you can get past the pay wall. I think you get a handful of free reads per month.

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/new...f35d1a6d-3190-5c3e-be24-35641f0a4496.amp.html

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    I am glad this thread popped up. Washington County got put on hold last year for 2A Sanctuary status due to covid. The meeting of the commissioners was only one day away from happening and then everything shut down. I am happy to report that as of about a week or 2 ago, Washington County Commissioners unanimously voted to make our county a 2A Sanctuary. The article that appeared in our newspaper was a breath of fresh air. It was good to hear our commissioners call this a people problem and not a gun problem. Especially with the low homicide rate in Hagerstown. I am not sure if you can get past the pay wall. I think you get a handful of free reads per month.

https://www.heraldmailmedia.com/new...f35d1a6d-3190-5c3e-be24-35641f0a4496.amp.html

Your link didn't work for me, there seemed to be some extra characters in the URL. So, I went to the site's home page and searched for the article and was able to find it at this link...

Washington County declared Second Amendment sanctuary

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom