• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zwilliams0408

Feb 19, 2021
    has anyone heard of msp sort of auditing your application for wear and carry? and what i mean more pertains to a renewal. I know upon renewal you just submit the same documents (obviously updated for the current year) but has anyone had them ask for any in the years between?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Unaware of any of that happening. Are you thinking of a permit that, say, relies on you maintaining a clearance, or has a “while employed at” limitation on it?

zwilliams0408

Feb 19, 2021
    Unaware of any of that happening. Are you thinking of a permit that, say, relies on you maintaining a clearance, or has a “while employed at” limitation on it?
    more so along the business owner reason... as in if your granted unrestricted and its your side business... and then your side business slacked in-between applications, (say due to no time or capitol), was just curious if that has negatively effected anyone on here

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    more so along the business owner reason... as in if your granted unrestricted and its your side business... and then your side business slacked in-between applications, (say due to no time or capitol), was just curious if that has negatively effected anyone on here

No, they have not asked for any documentation for the intervening years. And I would suggest we kill this thread and not give them any ideas for further administrative over reach.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    has anyone heard of msp sort of auditing your application for wear and carry? and what i mean more pertains to a renewal. I know upon renewal you just submit the same documents (obviously updated for the current year) but has anyone had them ask for any in the years between?

They certainly evaluate the current application to determine if you are still eligible. The case Woollard v Gallagher
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woollard_v._Gallagher was about a renewal application where the applicant previously qualified, but due to circumstances no longer qualified according to MD.

If circumstances change so that you no longer qualify for a permit, they will deny the application.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    They certainly evaluate the current application to determine if you are still eligible. The case Woollard v Gallagher
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woollard_v._Gallagher was about a renewal application where the applicant previously qualified, but due to circumstances no longer qualified according to MD.

If circumstances change so that you no longer qualify for a permit, they will deny the application.

While this is true, this permit was given due to verifiable threats not because he owned a business. If the threat is no longer current in the eyes of MSP, then you don’t “need” a permit any longer.
    It’s my understanding that you will continue to get a permit as long as you business is still in good standing.
    The entire thing is ******** a however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    While this is true, this permit was given due to verifiable threats not because he owned a business. If the threat is no longer current in the eyes of MSP, then you don’t “need” a permit any longer.
    It’s my understanding that you will continue to get a permit as long as you business is still in good standing.
    The entire thing is ******** a however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you suggesting that all you need is a business in good standing? Would my postings to MD shooters qualify as a business?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Are you suggesting that all you need is a business in good standing?

That's pretty much it, but you need to be the/an owner or have the owner willing to document your need. Along with being in good standing, they like to see some sign of life in the way of bank activity (all it takes to be in good standing is paying the annual fees to the state - that's not enough for MSP, they want some genuine business activity you can point to).

Would my postings to MD shooters qualify as a business?

As soon as you figure out how to get paid for posting here, please let me know. But don't tell everybody, or everybody's going to have permits!

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    That's pretty much it, but you need to be the/an owner or have the owner willing to document your need. Along with being in good standing, they like to see some sign of life in the way of bank activity (all it takes to be in good standing is paying the annual fees to the state - that's not enough for MSP, they want some genuine business activity you can point to).

As soon as you figure out how to get paid for posting here, please let me know. But don't tell everybody, or everybody's going to have permits!

Non stock corporations do not pay annual fees.

I would be willing to pay the corporation I am running some money every month to help me figure out what I want to post every month. Is $10 a month sufficient business activity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom