• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Why don't these places have tank barriers? Hell, Luby's in Killeen Texas has(had) them. No excuse...

They have large metal poles sunk in concrete, which appear to still be there in the picture and when I drove by on Thursday. Something about the story doesn't seem to be adding up. ..

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Yeah, I guess I usually take gun store / gun counter people boorishness in stride — imagine having to deal all day long with people who are not pleasant knowledgeful law-abiding citizens like the present company. It seems they usually have to deal with sleazeballs who try to circumvent the law and take out their frustration with Draconian MD laws on the people behind the counter. In my youth I worked retail a lot, and have some sympathy for them.

The young lady and the young guy are usually pleasant to deal with.

People trying to circumvent firearms laws should be the easiest to deal with, "Leave, and don't come back".

Blackstar65

Jun 27, 2010
    They have large metal poles sunk in concrete, which appear to still be there in the picture and when I drove by on Thursday. Something about the story doesn't seem to be adding up. ..

All you have to do is look at the damage. The suspects backed a truck up to the bollards and attached a chain to the doors. They then pulled the door off the building. The same chain was hooked up to the gate. That was yanked open too.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    All you have to do is look at the damage. The suspects backed a truck up to the bollards and attached a chain to the doors. They then pulled the door off the building. The same chain was hooked up to the gate. That was yanked open too.

That makes sense. The news story said they drove the pickup into the front door, which didn't.

Texas solo

Mar 5, 2021
    Yeah, — imagine having to deal all day long with people who are not pleasant knowledgeful law-abiding citizens like the present company.
    It seems they usually have to deal with sleazeballs who try to circumvent the law .

When I lived in Texas I worked the gun counter at Academy. At first you think cool, but you soon realize how ignorant stupid people can be. They all think they know the law. When they blame you for a NICS delay really bugged me. I'd just say " do you want me to cancel it so you can go elsewhere?" That usually shut them up.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    LOL! I guess their security team never considered that as a possibility. This isn't uncharted territory after all.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Several gun stores in SOMD have been broken into in the past couple of years, Fred's is the only one that had made the news why is that? Also, no none has been caught in those crimes either.

LimaVictor

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    Southern MD
    When I lived in Texas I worked the gun counter at Academy. At first you think cool, but you soon realize how ignorant stupid people can be. They all think they know the law. When they blame you for a NICS delay really bugged me. I'd just say " do you want me to cancel it so you can go elsewhere?" That usually shut them up.

This.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    I thought there was news on the suspects??
    Plenty of rumors

Several gun stores in SOMD have been broken into in the past couple of years, Fred's is the only one that had made the news why is that? Also, no none has been caught in those crimes either.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

Because southern Maryland is under a news blackout. It is officially part of the DC media market but DC stations don't give a shit about anything that goes on beyond PG county. Also, some parts of SoMD actually get their TV reception from VA, and for the VA stations there is no advertising revenue that would make it worth to put a reporter across the river.

Lubbock,TX or Pocatello, ID with half the population of SoMD have 2 or 3 local TV stations and all we have is smnewsnet which pretty much only posts information given to them by others.

The Tackle Box and Bobs Sunoco get broken into ever so often. While I haven't followed all the break-ins, I remember several instances of the perps getting caught. They usually sell the guns locally to the Lexington Park ruffians who promptly lose them after getting pulled over by the sheriffs office. Its the 'cycle of life'. But due to the lack of a local newspaper or TV station, there is never any follow-up on those kinds of events.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    So I stopped at Fred’s yesterday looking for a magazine I wanted for this weekend. I haven’t stopped there since I had a major problem with them several years ago but I was looking for the mag locally. They had one but all the mags had locks on the pegs so you needed a sales person to unlock them for you. Maybe if they had their firearms locked up instead of mags and accessories they wouldn’t have lost any in the break in

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    "Ghetto" you obviously are not a local. I can so how you many 3/4 of a Million dollar homes and plus in that community. Mine to be included. Jack ass get a clue.
    It's not Chicago but compared to the rest of somd it's a ghetto. I can't understand why anyone, especially second amendment supporter would buy a house for that kind of money in waldorf. You go out side waldorf 20 minutes and get a pretty nice place for that kind of money. 750 in st. mary's gets what I consider a really nice house with more than enough land for a private range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom