• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Our deck, after almost 20 years, is in need of a makeover. I’ve been looking at companies that specialize in that sort of thing and have only found one so far that I feel like contacting (Albaugh & Sons). Any suggestions based on experience or word of mouth reputation? I have a strong preference for local, family owned businesses with some history.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    Cant help on recommendation. But be prepared for a sticker shock, building supplies are about 3 times the cost they was a year ago. I feel sorry for anyone thats building a home.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Cant help on recommendation. But be prepared for a sticker shock, building supplies are about 3 times the cost they was a year ago. I feel sorry for anyone thats building a home.

Yeah this spring our big money project was to have the deck rebuilt and that's being pushed at least another year now.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    At my last house, we used Casey Deck and Fence for a new deck. I believe they are based in Frederick. I highly recommend them - their work is outstanding and they were very easy to work with. It's a smaller company, so they have far less overhead to support compared to larger companies like Long Fence.

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    Get ready for a shock. The price of wood is 4x what it was this time last year.
    I have a 1,400 sqft deck that I was going to have rebuilt. I about passed out with the quotes.
    Shop around and use NEXTDOOR application or YELP. Good luck.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I'm following closely. I'm in the same general area as well.

I'm likely going to do trex, but want some of it enclosed this time. Hoping its not $50k lol

smokedog

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2009
    Frederick Md
    If it will go another season I would watch the building material pricing and plan accordingly. Prices are crazy high on lumber right now. I'm putting off a project at my house and I'm the contractor. :D

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Pretty sure all building supplies have gone up.

Slightly, lumber is what’s seen the massive increase. When plywood is double to triple it adds up fast. Cost of stone like gravel has also increased for some reason, concrete prices have been the same. Some of the contractors I’ve noticed have also jacked up prices because of demand even though they pass on the material cost. If the recession I predicts happens in the next year they are going to be begging for jobs.

Things are definitely on back order. My garage door is 8 weeks out when we ordered and I have a window in purgatory somewhere. It was supposed to be here end of January at the latest. I’ll be pricing out materials for metal roofing and hardi siding soon so I’ll see where those prices have gone.

Point of story, if you can wait a year do it, otherwise you are gonna pay triple the material costs and might not even get what you really want because of what is or isn’t in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom