• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • milldog

Apr 16, 2011
    College Park
    Ruger MkII target...gift from my dad way back when. It was fun to shoot but a complete bear to reassemble after cleaning. I lived either on-campus or in the fraternity house at the time so it was either against the rules or common sense to keep I stored where I lived so I kept it with the campus cops. So, it was mainly a safe queen (as is my current collection, thank you ammo availability) and therefore I had to relearn how to reassemble it every time. Eventually sold it on consignment at the local shop.

Now of course, I'm interested in getting a 22/45 Lite before they get banned, so go figure.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Now of course, I'm interested in getting a 22/45 Lite before they get banned, so go figure.

Don't hesitate to get another 22/45 if that's what you want. It's easy to assemble once you get used to it. I can think of at least one other popular pistol that is much more complicated to assemble.

On the flip side, have you looked at the Browning Buckmark? I love mine. Assembly is stupid easy compared to my 22/45.

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    S&W 5903. Looks great, just don't enjoy shooting it very much. Nothing wrong with it, just don't find it "fun" compared to my other pistols.

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    XD9 9mm Sub Compact. I thought it shot better than my glock, but it turn out to be I am the one who don't know how to shoot and appreciate glock's trigger.

Tried to dump it to my wife, and she can't pull the slide back. Gonna try to dump it on my brother-in-law and hope that dumbo would over pay it.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    Like the title says. Have you ever made a gun purchase that you subsequently regretted? Like wondered why you ever wanted it in the first place.

Mine is a Henry .17hmr. I like leverguns but have no idea what I was thinking getting into the .17 caliber. Should have just stuck with .22LR.

You still have it? I've been kicking around the idea of picking up something in 17HMR...

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Jury is still out on my SA XDS .45 caliber. Everyone told me I would NOT enjoy shooting it and they were right. Damn thing hurts. I wanted it for CC, but since they are still not approving CC requests, I am not sure what to do with it. I alway fall back on my Glock 17 and just go, ahhhhhhhhhh. So if any I would say that is it.

Not what I wanted to hear as I am waiting on my paperwork to come back. I really would have liked to have tried one first but couldn't find anyplace that had one to rent. On the other hand, I guy I met recently said his wife bought one and loves it which is real surprising.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    Kimber Custom II. Because I no longer have it.

That saying "it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" is a crock of shirt.

traded the Kimber for an AR. I already had an AR. I really miss that pistol.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Colt Double Eagle. Finally sold it after being on GB about 2 years. Oddly, I all of a sudden had several offers. Somebody must know something I don't.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Parkerized Desert Eagle in 44mag...damned thing never fit my hand. Always felt I was holding the bottom/wrong end of an 8' 2x4. It looked great. It was put together well. It wasn't for me. I do not miss it. It was the whole boat story...happiest two days...

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Smith and Wesson Sigma 9ve. First gun I ever bought, back in 2004. The salesman probably knows a sucker when he sees one and used me to move some dusty merchandise. I am going to take it up to chad at some point to get the feed ramp extended, so it will actually feed HP ammo reliably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom