• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JChad12

Dec 11, 2020
    Upper Marlboro
    I'm still new and I'm not sure if there is a section where people post that they're goin to the range for people to join. Also not sure what percentage of the shooting community prefers to shoot alone.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    We typically have our own circles to shoot with for just casual plinking. As for posts that coordinate events, there are those action shooting posts floating around.

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Sounds like I'm destined to shoot alone lol.
    You can reach out to gun clubs. If you join the AGC, one of the requirements is to join a club.

I personally just shoot with friends and by myself when I am strictly testing my reloads.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Lane Meyer

Jul 20, 2020
    Cecil County
    In any new hobby it can take time to make connections and build relationships. Not surprisingly that can be even more difficult with shooting. I’d suggest making a plan to go to the range and posting an invite for folks to join you. It may take a few tries but I suspect that you will get some company. Build from there. Be active on the forums here as well so that folks can see what you’re about.

JChad12

Dec 11, 2020
    Upper Marlboro
    In any new hobby it can take time to make connections and build relationships. Not surprisingly that can be even more difficult with shooting. I’d suggest making a plan to go to the range and posting an invite for folks to join you. It may take a few tries but I suspect that you will get some company. Build from there. Be active on the forums here as well so that folks can see what you’re about.
    Thanks for the advice

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I have found that after a few trips to any particular range, there are always a few regulars that are easy to get to know, and they tend to remember you on subsequent visits which builds relationships.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Check out the AGC calendar. Many of the clubs have shoots where they invite non-clubmembers to come out and shoot with them. Also, if you're into trap, the AGC has public trap shoots Saturday and Sunday afternoons

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I typically shoot with 1-2 other people. A hard rule of thumb for me is "one new to me shooter at a time". I don't care if you've shot 234,234,456,345 rounds before. If you haven't shorten with me, I look at everyone as a "new shooter" because I've been indexed/muzzle swept too many damn times. I am the RSO at my range basically.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I shot Alone--

I received an e-mail from TMGN that they had .45 in stock so I decided to make a range trip. Thought I would shoot a box or two of .45 from a recent 1911 aquisition (as long as I could replace what I shot) and a mag or two of 5.56 from a DD AR pistol I acquired this summer. All in all it was time well spent at the range--- felt really good to be on the range again. Replaced the .45 at $45.00 per box of 50...ouch--- but WTH. I'd be happy to meet up with anybody that wants to shoot a little and maybe step out for a bit of lunch or a snack after. It would be great to meet some of the members here in the local Frederick area and get to know you outside of the anonymity of the forums. Happy shooting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom