• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    MD Del. Kathy Szeliga on Guns Today 12/19

Maryland General Assembly Delegate Kathy Szeliga (R) District 7 (Baltimore & Harford Counties) writing in Thursday’s Baltimore Sun:

“Today’s gun buyer isn’t the stereotype critics suggest”

https://www.baltimoresun.com/opinio...201217- begc35pcajf4zkoai7yx3gtvsy-story.html

The Truth about Guns” website linked to Szeliga’s Baltimore Sun opinion piece today:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/s...ericans-increased-appetite-for-gun-ownership/

Kathy Szeliga is the Republican Minority Whip in the House of Delegates:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathy_Szeliga

:mdpatriot

Attachments

• 75F1F340-7CCD-4904-AE68-48101A3EA7C8.jpg
      75F1F340-7CCD-4904-AE68-48101A3EA7C8.jpg
      100.5 KB · Views: 1,292
    Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    If you are outside the BS paywall:

Attachments

• A2FF39E6-62F4-42FB-ABAC-E87EDCDB59F5.jpg
      A2FF39E6-62F4-42FB-ABAC-E87EDCDB59F5.jpg
      97.1 KB · Views: 1,190
    • 8C9123B0-D158-4C9E-9EE4-6506C0FAC619.jpg
      8C9123B0-D158-4C9E-9EE4-6506C0FAC619.jpg
      115.8 KB · Views: 1,198
    • D23038C3-5D74-4B7B-B810-F1625030D8E2.jpg
      D23038C3-5D74-4B7B-B810-F1625030D8E2.jpg
      121.7 KB · Views: 1,199
    • 61BBAA00-F9D4-4F39-8C99-E938206B4C15.jpg
      61BBAA00-F9D4-4F39-8C99-E938206B4C15.jpg
      134 KB · Views: 1,216
    • 57EC7A71-7D07-4F9B-AE3F-47CB667BFDCE.jpg
      57EC7A71-7D07-4F9B-AE3F-47CB667BFDCE.jpg
      96.8 KB · Views: 1,198
    Back in late February and early March when the virus was just starting to ramp up I noticed every time I went into a gun store and it really didn't matter which one there were Asians in there buying black rifles. I'm assuming that they were afraid that some people might consider blaming them for the Chinese virus. More recently I have noticed many African Americans in the gun stores.

I say more power to them. The more people there are exercising their second amendment right the more people might complain loudly to the left-wing gun grabbers when the next round of gun control bills hits the legislature. Those are the people that second amendment Advocates should be soliciting for support.

People are finding their inner "Roof Korean" and are realizing their safety is their responsibility since the government has abdicated any pretense of it.

To be honest the government doesn't have any responsibility to protect the population. The supreme Court has said that many times. I'm speaking about law enforcement not necessarily the military. that's what makes Maryland's gun laws so immoral. They have no legal obligation to protect or defend anyone and they strip you of your rights to protect and defend yourself so you are virtually unprotected.

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    Back in late February and early March when the virus was just starting to ramp up I noticed every time I went into a gun store and it really didn't matter which one there were Asians in there buying black rifles. I'm assuming that they were afraid that some people might consider blaming them for the Chinese virus. More recently I have noticed many African Americans in the gun stores.

I say more power to them. The more people there are exercising their second amendment right the more people might complain loudly to the left-wing gun grabbers when the next round of gun control bills hits the legislature. Those are the people that second amendment Advocates should be soliciting for support.

Yes, it was a noticeable change. Also there were more women!!!
    That is the demographics that needs to change in my opinion...

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    To be honest the government doesn't have any responsibility to protect the population. The supreme Court has said that many times. I'm speaking about law enforcement not necessarily the military. that's what makes Maryland's gun laws so immoral. They have no legal obligation to protect or defend anyone and they strip you of your rights to protect and defend yourself so you are virtually unprotected.

It was the DC Circuit Court that gave the decision the government has no obligation to protect individuals...only society in general.

I get your point though.

Yes, it was a noticeable change. Also there were more women!!!
    That is the demographics that needs to change in my opinion...

Definitely more women my stepsons wife who I guess I could call my stepdaughter-in-law purchase the Glock g42 and my girlfriend asked me to leave one of my g19s at her house. I have taken her to the range several times. My brother had me put together a dedicated rimfire AR for my niece.. BUT I used a cmmg conversion and gave him the BCG so that if need be he could convert it back over to 556.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville

I hope your right, but I’m inclined to believe it will be more “ I gots mine you shoulda gots yours” sentiments.

It was the DC Circuit Court that gave the decision the government has no obligation to protect individuals...only society in general.

I get your point though.

I knew it was one of the higher courts I just couldn't remember which one. Actually I do think there is an opinion from the supreme Court basically that says the same thing. Gonzalez versus Castle Rock Colorado..One of the very first things that they taught us in the police academy was that law enforcement is under no obligation to protect or defend any person. That led to the discussion about how police officers only need to consider their own safety when going about their daily duties and anything else was ancillary.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Please remember to be nice to her in communications. She isn't 'one of those' others.

She actually is, she was one of the leadership that defended the Republicans voting for Red Flag laws in Maryland.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

I get your point though.

And the SCOTUS ruled in another case that the government has no duty to protect as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom