• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Did you read the actual bill? Did you look at the associated previous bill from the last Congress?

This bill isn't going anywhere, just like the previous ones.

Don't worry. There are 10 more where this came from. They only need to win sometimes to erode our rights. We need to win every time to preserve our rights. Every pellet from a shotgun doesn't need to hit to bring down the target, am I right?

Honestly, I'd judge the probability of any Federal laws like this making it through to end as right around the same probability the SCOTUS ruling with Roe v. Wade getting fully rescinded. Maybe 3% - 5%, and then only in the craziest of times. If that's still not clear, I would say that it's very very very unlikely for both.

Also, for a better understanding of the intended meaning of "craziest of times", please reference the period between 12 March 2020 and 3 February 2021.

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    It matters not what it says, the action of proposing such a thing shows us our representatives no longer support the Constitution. Just that treasonous act alone is worthy of response, that has yet to be seen by honest gun owners. I've seen post referring to Jan 06, 2021 as just a rehearsal, I tell you this, you only get the rights your willing to fight for. We can fight this on many fronts, political, letters to representatives, or we can finally stand as one and not comply in any shape or forum. As for me, I will not comply with any law that reads counter to the 2nd Amendment. It is not only my right, but my duty, not to comply. SFMF.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Don't worry. There are 10 more where this came from. They only need to win sometimes to erode our rights. We need to win every time to preserve our rights. Every pellet from a shotgun doesn't need to hit to bring down the target, am I right?

And if they are all like this one (a history of no co-sponsors and no committee hearing) then I won't worry about them either.

See my previous post, unless or until she either gets co-sponsors or the bill gets a hearing, it ;s isn't going anywhere or doing anything. So, if you want to shoot things down, concentrate on those things that at last have co-sponsors and will get a hearing, not bills like this that will never see the light of the committee floor. At that point, you have a chance of hitting a target that is a threat, with some affect, instead of wasting time, effort and "ammo" on a target that isn't a threat at all.

Swing smart, win big, swing at everything, and you will just wear yourself out, and more than likely strike out as well.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It matters not what it says, the action of proposing such a thing shows us our representatives no longer support the Constitution. Just that treasonous act alone is worthy of response, that has yet to be seen by honest gun owners. I've seen post referring to Jan 06, 2021 as just a rehearsal, I tell you this, you only get the rights your willing to fight for. We can fight this on many fronts, political, letters to representatives, or we can finally stand as one and not comply in any shape or forum. As for me, I will not comply with any law that reads counter to the 2nd Amendment. It is not only my right, but my duty, not to comply. SFMF.

She hasn't supported the Constitution since she was elected. What is interesting that apparently the rest do, since none have ever signed on as co-sponsors to any of her bills that she has submitted, like this, over the past several congresses she has submitted the same bill.

Further, the House has never held a committee hearing on any of the previous bills, so there is that as well. The powers that be, in the House, appear to have no stomach for anything this large, far reaching, and threatening to their base, since a good portion of their constituents now own guns.

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    Usually, that's another way of referring to "natural rights." Which is to say, a right (as we usually use that term) to something that objectively exists and can be identified through reason, due to our very existence as sentient human beings. To wit, your right to self defense. Nobody has the right to simply decide to kill you without your obvious right to try to prevent that. Self defense.

The founders recognized that natural right, and knowing (having just lived under a Crown that capriciously reserved the right to life and death for that Crown) that powerful people sometimes want to deny you your right to defend yourself, made sure that their newly chartered country couldn't interfere with that natural right of self defense. Including the keeping and bearing of arms as a natural feature of that right.

Of course you know all of that, so the real question is: what's your rhetorical reason for pretending you didn't get the reference?

I did not know! Hence the Question to my buddy! Thanks for the info.

MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    They can pass all the ****ing laws they want. When they get to my doorstep to try and force a single one of them there will be a gun fight in more than one person will die it’s his ****ing simple as that people grow some ****ing balls or shut the **** up and go crawl in your basement with a liberal

Taking the life a person in any situation is a crappy choice. So as much as I enjoy my hobby, I would just loose them. It surely is a better decision than to just stick a boom stick and then plant some freedom seeds in a person who is just doing what some Elected ASSHAT instructed him or her to do.

The pen is still a very powerful tool.,

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Taking the life a person in any situation is a crappy choice. So as much as I enjoy my hobby, I would just loose them. It surely is a better decision than to just stick a boom stick and then plant some freedom seeds in a person who is just doing what some Elected ASSHAT instructed him or her to do.

Do what you think is right. No one should do otherwise.

But be aware that the possession of firearms was not intended to be a mere hobby. The freedoms that remain for you to enjoy were delivered and maintained by force of arms, against those who would deny them.

If you're willing to give those freedoms up, and believe that is the right thing to do, then you might want to look for a very different sort of forum.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015

May I recommend some self study on the Bill of Rights, the Massachusetts Compromise, the Federalist Papers, Hugo Chavez, Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao Tse Tung, Stalin, Lenin, etc?

<prefatory clause> A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state

<operative clause> the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. (emphasis is the author's).

P.S. What Occam said.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD

Hitler would have loved you. The Nazi's favorite term....I was just following orders.

Huck Hound

Mar 8, 2020
    Afraid of what? This, all of this, will never make it's way out of the courts. It's an illegal move, by none other than a career politician. Ok let's impinge on your 2nd amendment rights. This will never fly....as nobody will ever be able to define, what, where, and when. She should focus on those that are not law abiding citizens to stiffen the penalties as she walks down the street in D.C. Good grief, why worry.

Let's see we have a politician that authored this bill who is the same person that gave the directive to be offensive and act aggressively towards other members of the house of representatives and Congress no matter where you see or find them? But she has 24x7 armed protection? What a hypocrite! Even an Elephant doesn't forget. Total lunacy during a Pandemic.

Illegal means nothing now...they break their own laws every day on capitol hill to SCOTUS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom