• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    don't count on it. the reason we're in the mess is that there are less and less kids getting into hunting and shooting. no one is invested in the shooting sports so no one gives a crap when this anti 2a, over the top, oppressive legislation hits. and guess what, the more rights we use, even less kids will be introduced to the shooting sports. and then less and then less.

why is no one introducing bills to ban alcohol and cell phones despite all the death and damage from drunk and distracted driving. because everyone uses a phone and most like to kick back a beer after work.

we're not going to get our numbers back by accident or luck.

You’re not seeing bills banning alcohol and cell phones because they don’t pose a threat to a corrupt government. In fact they are part of the bread and circuses that keep too many of us fat, dumb, and reasonably happy.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It's an unrealistic bill, but is more realistic, which is worrisome from a strategic view. This is basically a feeler for what they think they can get Joe Manchin to buy in on. A very slight tweak to allow standard cap mag ownership if you have the military license could very well do it, unfortunately.

****Yes, this was my thinking as well. It is so over the top with crazy but with some nips, tucks, tweaks, and a bit of pork, sugar, or a pipe to the shins to Joe Manchin, it *could* potentially be made palatable enough after the next mass shooting, real or perceived attack on the Capital/White House/Kamala Harris' homely step daughters new modeling agency, etc... that it could be trouble.

Obviously, the big end goal is the elimination of private handgun/firearm ownership through incrementalism, but other tactics like considering some kind of federal license as a carrot to former military/LEO/Mall Security/Special Police, etc... could potentially cause a fracture on our side due to the IGM syndrome (I GOT MINE).

I know plenty of firearm owners who don't much care for the 2nd amendment per se, as long as they can keep their guns, or can keep their guns because they are former military, former Boy Scouts or whatever.

It's easier to fight a fractured group of people than a giant monolith of gun owners scared *their* right to ownership is endangered outright with no exceptions. The seemingly "sensible" exceptions becomes the way to eventually give or take away the "licenses" so generously granted to political friends, or begin adding on additional restrictions further fracturing gun owners.

The strategy is sound, if a bit unrealistic just yet with this bill. Manchin is a big question at least until 2022. Carrots or sticks can be applied to his state to make him more compliant or to deal with his insolence should he play hard ball.

The other side is playing the long game. Hopefully, we don't fracture as a group over petty squabbles that overshadow the other sides ultimate plans in the long run that will affect all of us gun owners.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Oh look, another sh!tty thread title and a post with a link and no context.

I've always wanted to tell noobs that there's no obligation to start new threads especially crap and duplicate ones, and lousy titles that don't even hint at the topic

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    You’re not seeing bills banning alcohol and cell phones because they don’t pose a threat to a corrupt government. In fact they are part of the bread and circuses that keep too many of us fat, dumb, and reasonably happy.

that's a popular theory but i don't buy it. i think both sides of the table know that a gun ban will not come even close to all the guns being handed in (or taken). and the ones that will not comply are the ones they would be rightly worried about.

the anti's don't have guns and don't and won't use guns. so any gun out there can only be used against them. so they want them out of circulation.

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Am I the only one who noticed no co-sponsors? It's Rep Jackson from TX. Not even her own party wants any part of her.

Doesn't the gentle lady (???) from TX submit something along these lines every legislative session? Never gets any air IIRC.

Last edited:

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    These threats to the 2A will keep up pressure on all the things, mags, ammo, guns, uppers, lowers, anything.

Andywhale

Aug 25, 2020
    Howard County
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

In case anyone made it down here to the third post in hopes of understanding what this is about, it's H.R. 127 ... a national gun registry/license law that " ... provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition."

It includes the requirement to register every gun you have or will have, where you got them, and where they will be stored ... and the compiled database will be available to the public. Also requires a federal license for "military style" weapons (includes the usual wet dream list of everything scary, like AR-15s, and anything that accepts a removable mag), but only after 24 hours of training and approval from The Crown.

Also bans 50 cal and greater ammo. Not very clear about, say, my 50 cal muzzleloader. Oh, and all "large capacity feeding devices" (anything over 10 rounds) are banned from possession.

It's the usual stuff, right out of California-style dreamin'.

OP: that wasn't so hard, was it?

EDIT: Also discussed here ...

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=252767

jbageant

Jan 14, 2013
    Am I the only one who noticed no co-sponsors? It's Rep Jackson from TX. Not even her own party wants any part of her.

She introduces it every year. Never gets a cosponsor. Never gets out of committee.

The warning sign will be if some year she gets cosponsors.

Old hag will get re-elected until the end of time.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    She introduces it every year. Never gets a cosponsor. Never gets out of committee.

The warning sign will be if some year she gets cosponsors.

Old hag will get re-elected until the end of time.

I'll be concerned if there is a significant, or significant number of co-sponsors. I'll be seriously concerned if it gets voted out of committee. Until then, just a crazy bill and has no chance.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'll be concerned if there is a significant, or significant number of co-sponsors. I'll be seriously concerned if it gets voted out of committee. Until then, just a crazy bill and has no chance.

I'm assuming she just exchanges the serial submission of that bill for some sweet, sweet Bloomberg cash every year?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm assuming she just exchanges the serial submission of that bill for some sweet, sweet Bloomberg cash every year?
    Probably right, but like Fred Flintstone said, "I got a lot of dancing in too!"

The template is out there. All that's needed is an AOC type whack job to embrace it.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    virginia's on the warpath also, unfortunately no surprise. permanent loss of gun rights for MISDEMEANOR domestic violence; background check to rent a gun at a range; no guns around state capitol, etc. last year they allowed localities to enact their own gun control laws which now can be stricter/harsher than state laws. imagine trying to traverse VA with different laws in each city, county, etc. absolute bs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom