• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    Is this happening? Is this how the Feds will find out who purchases guns and ammo? I know this is about the Capitol riots but will credit card banks give this info freely if ammo purchases are requested? Hard to pay cash for internet sales.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...investigating-Capitol-riot-report-claims.html

Here’s another link:

https://gunsinthenews.com/bank-of-america-sells-out-gun-ammo-purchasers-as-potential-criminals/

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    If given a valid court order they will provide the information. Absent that there's no legal obligation to comply. Of course the Feds could lean on them with threats of IRS audits and the like...but that would be illegal...and we know the government would never do anything like that. Just ask them...go ahead.

There could be a provision in the Patriot Act that might compel a bank or financial institution to cooperate...don't know that for a fact. The Patriot Act is full of little land mines that set off alarms to many concerned with privacy protections.

This has Democrats written all over it.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    At the request of federal investigators, the bank identified 211 customers who fit the profile after making purchases in the D.C. area or spending money on flights or accommodation in the days around the violent riot

I wonder what the profile was?

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    If you are not on a list by now then you are doing something wrong!
    You need to go back to the Freedom 101 class!

:patriot:

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I wonder what the profile was?

My guess would be someone who purchased guns or ammo, plane tickets, and rented a hotel in DC all within a time period and used a BoA card.

Don't forget the article about apps tracking people at the capitol. The anonymous source show the reporter how they were tracked and because "he was a good guy" didn't dox the people.

It's not even about those that went in the capitol anymore, they want to come after people and intimidate them.

Wonder how the app that shows people who donated to Trump will be used? I bet the IRS is going to be vicious this year.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Nothing new here, I figured Patriot Act unlocked all the personal financial details of Americans years ago. I’m surprised it’s this hard to locate all Capitol belligerents though- so many took and posted video not realizing what they were guilty of.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    This is scary stuff, but I think the articles title is misleading.

The FBI solicited this information from them and BOA is required by law to cooperate. This exemplifies the vast overreach by the FBI...and biden want's to give them even more power...

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    This is scary stuff, but I think the articles title is misleading.

The FBI solicited this information from them and BOA is required by law to cooperate. This exemplifies the vast overreach by the FBI...and biden want's to give them even more power...
    I apologize for the hyperbole of the title, but I do feel it was in-line with today’s media. Maybe it was intentional, maybe it wasn’t. But the facts remain, credit card charges are private matters and the government should not have access to them. Patriot Act or no Patriot Act. This is why Apple was so staunch in their refusal to unlock the iPhone of a suspected terrorist a couple of years ago. Do we want freedom, or do we want security? Someone more important that me said that, Benjamin Franklin? I can’t recall, and I’m rambling, but it still ticks me off.

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    LOL, every bank in the US hands over finances with a subpoena. This is completely standard way to conducting an investigation and has been done like this for the last 100+ years. If you are shocked by this, you will be shocked by what the FBI can get with a search warrant. I hate to be a dick, but this post shows a lot of ignorance.

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    Read your bank's legal disclaimer . Every single one of them say they will hand over your information with the proper legal documents.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    BOA are commie sympathizers, and would gladly give such information.

BoA won't handle accounts from companies that are firearms-related, as I understand it.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    LOL, every bank in the US hands over finances with a subpoena. This is completely standard way to conducting an investigation and has been done like this for the last 100+ years. If you are shocked by this, you will be shocked by what the FBI can get with a search warrant. I hate to be a dick, but this post shows a lot of ignorance.
    You’re not being a d!ck, just observant. My post was meant to be tongue in cheek, partly. I’m perfectly aware that this is common practice, but my intent was to beat home the fact that we will have absolutely no control over our gun and ammo purchases. While I’m sure most are already aware of this the recent discussion regarding HR 127 has brought this to the forefront. We have bigger worries than what Maryland is going to do.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA

You might have missed the part where it was never stated that there was a subpoena or warrant - that's the problem. No one here is ignorant.

brucaru

Sep 14, 2011
    The bank will comply with an information request. The real question what will it take to freeze the account of the deplorable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom