• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    BBestPawn-- I like more money. I think the law is bullsh*t. I don't have time to process all these extra 4473s. Also have to be responsible for the forms until the end of time and make sure every T is crossed.

BBestpawn... what do you plan on charging for this service??
    I haven't decided

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Tell him about the gun show loophole...

I need to tell him about the online purchase loophole first...

Isn't that only for machine guns?
    Bill O'Reilly insisted repeatedly that anyone can buy a machine gun at any gun show, no paperwork, no questions asked.

After March 13, we should be able to convert all our rifles and shotguns to machine guns (using common kitchen utensils) and sell them with no paperwork, right?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Bill O'Reilly insisted repeatedly that anyone can buy a machine gun at any gun show, no paperwork, no questions asked.

After March 13, we should be able to convert all our rifles and shotguns to machine guns (using common kitchen utensils) and sell them with no paperwork, right?

Yes. That sounds correct.

It’s amazing that all these criminals are stockpiling machine guns, yet they only get caught with handguns with mixed ammo....

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Damn, you're right, I forgot about that...Now I have to completely re-write my powerpoint presentation.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    There are penalties for both buyer and seller. And based on the severity of the penalties, it would actually better for the buyer to claim he stole the gun rather than having illegally bought it.

Even if the transfer occurs in another state, it needs to meet the requirements of the state of residence of the buyer.

That IS Federal law.

The law, and BATFE FAQ does not address transfer between two residents of the same state, but occurring on another state directly, so you are in uncharted land doing this.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    How many people, outside of Maryland Shooters, will even be aware of this newest infringement?

Almost none.

As I have stated before, I have run into a number of people who do not know of the requirements to legally transfer a handgun in MD. And that went into affect in 1996.

CUCraigT

Jan 9, 2021
    Even if the transfer occurs in another state, it needs to meet the requirements of the state of residence of the buyer.

That IS Federal law.

The law, and BATFE FAQ does not address transfer between two residents of the same state, but occurring on another state directly, so you are in uncharted land doing this.

Sorry for the ignorance. That is the case for long guns? When I was a resident of TN, I bought a long gun in GA without a transfer. Maybe that is an agreement between states? I know about handguns, just unclear on long guns. Thanks for the help.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Sorry for the ignorance. That is the case for long guns? When I was a resident of TN, I bought a long gun in GA without a transfer. Maybe that is an agreement between states? I know about handguns, just unclear on long guns. Thanks for the help.

Did you buy it from a private individual? After 1968? Then you violated Federal law.

If you bought it from a DEALER, it was a legal transaction.

From 1968 to 1986 you could buy a long gun from a dealer in an adjacent state. If there was a law in your home state allowing this.

After 1986, you can buy in any state, as long as your state law does not limit you to adjacent state.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    We all can thank Rhino Hogan for letting this happen.

I see this mentality in state and Federal politics and it's just nonsense.

Hogan is a slender reed being blown over by a veto-proof super majority hurricane force wind in both houses.

People want to lay the blame for all of the nation's ills at the President's feet (no matter who occupies the Oval Office) when it's Congress we should be angry at.

Yeah, I get that Hogan is a "moderate" conservative and people don't like that but it's really irrelevant. Even if Hogan was a rabid, mouth-foaming die-hard conservative, it wouldn't change anything. The legislature is overwhelmingly against him, and that's that.

rcreynolds

Nov 4, 2015
    Gun laws and prohibited people

If you're a criminal who can't legally posse a gun then it seems to me you can't be prosecuted for failing to NIC's check a sale or purchase... because the NIC's law would be forcing you to commit self incrimination; that you had the gun in the first place. You can't be compelled to be a witness against yourself.

tttongli

Oct 3, 2008
    HOWARD
    Between "immediate family members" (defined as a spouse, a parent, a stepparent, a grandparent, a stepgrandparent, an aunt, an uncle, a sibling, a stepsibling, a child, a stepchild, a grandchild, a stepgrandchild, a niece, or a nephew, as related by blood or marriage)

What if we identified as progressive couples?:innocent0

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    AND YOU DID NOTHING!

It's March 13. MSI sent out alerts and emails, asked for everybody to get involved, contact your legislators. The NRA you all bad mouth sent out alerts but you have your heads in the sand.
    They passed the bill 208SB last year. Obviously not enough or none of you took interest. Hogan vetoed it. This year they picked it up again and over road his veto, now its law, March 13!
    PLEASE READ THE PRO 2 EMAILS, help, be aware, get involved, VOTE!

Dec 25, 2014
    So, I should just tell the prospective buyer where in my house the gun is located, and where he should leave the money on his way out the door. I doubt the gang members in Baltimore are using NICS or FFLs to 'transfer' weapons. Gun laws made by morons... what does this solve? Oh yeah, it makes me a criminal if I want to sell a gun directly to my lifelong friend. Egads.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    So, I should just tell the prospective buyer where in my house the gun is located, and where he should leave the money on his way out the door. I doubt the gang members in Baltimore are using NICS or FFLs to 'transfer' weapons. Gun laws made by morons... what does this solve? Oh yeah, it makes me a criminal if I want to sell a gun directly to my lifelong friend. Egads.

Gang members in Baltimore are not using long guns. Omar Little is dead. The farmer in the dell, the farmer in the dell ...

It's March 13. MSI sent out alerts and emails, asked for everybody to get involved, contact your legislators. The NRA you all bad mouth sent out alerts but you have your heads in the sand.
    They passed the bill 208SB last year. Obviously not enough or none of you took interest. Hogan vetoed it. This year they picked it up again and over road his veto, now its law, March 13!
    PLEASE READ THE PRO 2 EMAILS, help, be aware, get involved, VOTE!

I'm taking the above post as an insult to those who have been fighting the machine for years. How many trips to Analpolis have you made?
    Quite a few of us have done quite a bit to try to stop the tyrannical MGA. Hell, there are multiple MSI board members here and plenty have donated dozens, if not hundreds, of hours to fight the good fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom