• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Just make sure you don't vote for libtards once you get down here.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Wtf... so they just arn't willing to let you win.

I can't wait to leave this bizarro land of Washington, D.C. The move out date can't come fast enough. I would be only so happy to give the legislators here a piece of my mind.. Good riddance

It isn't a question of let you win. It is that all governments want their citizens to follow their laws wherever they are. Nations do this with their citizens even when they are overseas. Many countries, including the US tax their citizens earnings even if their citizens earn the money and keep all of the money out of the country. Many countries force their citizens to follow some of the laws of their home country even if they aren't standing foot in their country.

States do the exact same stuff where not banned from doing it by federal law. In some cases federal law explicitly condones that behavior of states exercising their laws upon the citizens of that state even when they aren't within the borders of that state.

Been that way since around our founding.

In this case it sucks mightly.

Back to the original question, just wait till you are in Georgia and though Georgia doesn't have a registration law, just be mindful down the road that many state laws apply to their citizens even if the citizen of that state or their possessions never enter the state in question.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    OR if you just have to do something Right Now , start the ball rolling on purchasing as DC Resident .

Pickup , request, or download a Form PD-219 . Take the PD-219 with you to the Md/ Va/ wherever FFL that you will be purchasing your new to you Shotgun , and they will fill out the Dealer portion of the PD-219 . They deliver the completed PD-219 to the MPD Firearms Unit .

In non- Covid times , MPD is supposed to approve or disapprove within 60 days ( unless they invoke a 60 day extention . For current Covid staffing levels , make inquiries in the Washington DC subforum .

Frostburg

Jan 1, 2015
    OR if you just have to do something Right Now , start the ball rolling on purchasing as DC Resident .

Pickup , request, or download a Form PD-219 . Take the PD-219 with you to the Md/ Va/ wherever FFL that you will be purchasing your new to you Shotgun , and they will fill out the Dealer portion of the PD-219 . They deliver the completed PD-219 to the MPD Firearms Unit .

In non- Covid times , MPD is supposed to approve or disapprove within 60 days ( unless they invoke a 60 day extention . For current Covid staffing levels , make inquiries in the Washington DC subforum .

Yeah, I'm not doing all that jazz. I'm just gonna wait to buy the shotgun once I'm moved like a normal, sane human being..

I think your subject to DC law as a DC resident. It would be the same as if I bought a house in West Virginia. Then went to West Virginia to purchase a new firearm. Upon submitting my drivers license and filling out a 4473 the FFL would need to transfer that firearm to a MD FFL assuming it wasn’t banned in maryland because that is still the state I’m residing in and am subject to those rules/laws.
    I’m actively planning my escape from Soviet Maryland as well. I’m probably headed for Texas though. Good for you headed for a free state eventually.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    My advice to you: Forget about buying any new guns until you move out of DC, and STFU about anything gun related in regards to what you do/don't have, until then.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    @ Post #25 , thats Sort Of the procedure for Handguns ( except no 4473 by the buyer out of State , that's done @ home state FFL ).

Rifles and Shotguns may be purchased from FFL on the spot in any State , IF Legal to do so in Both the Buyer's home state , and state where FFL located .

delaneyesq

Sep 1, 2011
    I have a related issue. I have a residence in MD and a residence in NC. My REAL ID drivers license is in MD. Because of the REAL ID Act, you can no longer have a compliant ID in two different states at the same time. Without a local state-issued ID in most states, you cannot buy a firearm there. So I am unable to purchase a firearm in NC (even a long gun) that is legal in NC, and keep it in NC. This means that I can only purchase MD-legal firearms because that’s where my REAL ID is. And if I get an ID in NC, it will cancel my driver’s license in MD. Just plain stupid.

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    Your a DC resident? You have got to go through DC clearing it. Maryland FFL can transfer it to the one and only approved FFL Agent once your DC paperwork is approved as you have to use the serial number in your paperwork. If you for some reason still have domicile in Maryland, and a Maryland Drivers License and for legal purposes file MD and Federal taxes then that's different. But if you eat, live and breathe DC.....your DC, and yes you can own and purchase a shotgun in DC and it must be in your home. Not on your back porch or balcony.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Rifles and Shotguns don't have to go through a DC FFL . But the approved DD-219 must be recieved before the Maryland ( or wherever) FFL can release to you.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I think your subject to DC law as a DC resident. It would be the same as if I bought a house in West Virginia. Then went to West Virginia to purchase a new firearm. Upon submitting my drivers license and filling out a 4473 the FFL would need to transfer that firearm to a MD FFL assuming it wasn’t banned in maryland because that is still the state I’m residing in and am subject to those rules/laws.

That only applies to a handgun.

For a long gun, anyone can go to WV and buy and take possession of it.

But it has to be legal for sale in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom