• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 18, 2021
    Hello y’all,

First time gun owner here, I will be purchasing a Kel Tec Sub 2000 gen 1, from Platekiller by the end of this week. Any recommendations on what accessories I should get? I’ve already purchase a gun locker (11”x12”x55”) off Amazon, plus I’m also getting hooked up with 33 round mag x2.

The Kel-Tek Sub 2000 was one I was considering for my first firearm and instead went with the Ruger PC9 carbine. MCARBO and Tandemkross have lots of accessories between them. Sight upgrade and charging handle are first on my list. Cheers!

KGB-SPY

Sep 30, 2013
    Pikesville, MD
    Before you dive in to accessorize your newly purchased firearm, first get ammo and shoot it until you proficient enough and then you can add whatever your heart desires to make it the way you want.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA!

Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT]

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    A friend of mine wanted buy one of these. We looked into reviews and realized there is a version 2 of this gun for a reason. Be sure and research this before you have committed.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Welcome.

Buy a red dot sight for it if you don't have astigmatism. They do make red dots for astigmatism too though.

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    My recommendation is get a carry case, I prefer hard cases but a case, then maybe check out the Gen. 2 before purchase. But once you have it, load it,fire it, repeat the FUN with care and safety, a few times. strip it and clean it.. use that time to peruse Youtube for accessory options, figure out what you think would make it a better gun, a safer gun a more accurate gun and more fun gun for you. Then begin building it! FYI, its a cool looking gun!

Jan 18, 2021
    My recommendation is get a carry case, I prefer hard cases but a case, then maybe check out the Gen. 2 before purchase. But once you have it, load it,fire it, repeat the FUN with care and safety, a few times. strip it and clean it.. use that time to peruse Youtube for accessory options, figure out what you think would make it a better gun, a safer gun a more accurate gun and more fun gun for you. Then begin building it! FYI, its a cool looking gun!

Yeah I’ve been looking at a few carry cases online for it. I’ll properly be adding a few add on accessories in the next couple of months.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Hello y’all,

First time gun owner here, I will be purchasing a Kel Tec Sub 2000 gen 1, from Platekiller by the end of this week. Any recommendations on what accessories I should get? I’ve already purchase a gun locker (11”x12”x55”) off Amazon, plus I’m also getting hooked up with 33 round mag x2.

Why do you and Platekiller share the same data trail when using the forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom