• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • taisho

Jan 4, 2021
    Glen Burnie
    A friend sent this to Eugene Robinson of the Washington Post (on or around 1/14/2021). Thought it would be worthy of sharing

Mr. Eugene Robison:

You made a statement yesterday “"There are millions of Americans, almost all white, almost all Republicans, who somehow need to be deprogrammed…”. How would plan to go about this for the 70 million plus who voted for Trump? Would have reeducation camps like 400 that have been built China? How about North Korean camps where over 125000 people are being held for reeducation? Maybe you would like to see what Nazi Germany did in WWII, where men were separated from women and children and put in concentration camps for learning the new thoughts? Maybe the Russian model where people were sent to Siberia?
    Once you got these people in this deprogramming camps how would you know that they were deprogrammed? Would they have to swear allegiance to the Democratic party?
    You were right in condemning what happened at the US capitol on January 6, but I do not recall you or your fellow Leftists calling out the violence that was done this summer doing the BLM protests. Maybe my eyesight is bad but when people burn business, burn cars, loot business, occupying buildings or city blocks and fight with the police I think that behavior is just as bad.
    The United States in my opinion is now the most divided that I have every seen in my 70+ years of being born and raised in this country. I further believe that people like you and Left have led to this division. It started back when Trump was elected in 2016, and for 3 years you and mainstream media told us about his collusion with Russian to win the election which was false. Then we had the impeachment of Trump for doing essentially what Biden did when he was vice president. Then a little over 2 years ago we were told that people had to have safe spaces from those mean conservatives and that we had to aware of our microaggressions. Now all whites have special privileges and are racists.
    Another question for you. Is it anti American to vote for someone that you believe has better plans? I could not bring myself to vote for Biden since many of his plans and polices I can’t agree with and I think will be bad for this country.
    One further thought, if you think what Biden has said in the last few days or what you have said yesterday will bring this country together you sadly mistaken.
    Sincerely, <redacted>

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    "There are millions of Americans, almost all white, almost all Republicans, who somehow need to be deprogrammed…”.

The level intolerance of this "reporter" is off the chart and that's what we are facing with the leftist crowd. Not all people think like this guy, but these irresponsible reporters have a platform backed by a lot of people in positions of power. They have been methodically working their agenda into the system to destroy our way of life for decades. While we have been mostly tolerant of their views where they have not. They have mostly learned from their mistakes whereas we have not and we are seeing the results.

Sarfs1

Mar 20, 2020
    do the homework

The sad reality's in the original journalist likely had no idea that 'deprogramming' carries a specific inference. This coming from a writer that likely takes great care to be offended by words, pronoun choice etc....shows that 'journalists' are now more of entertainment writers and this distinction needs to be made each day to the youngest generations so they don't take the information of these people as fact based the way we once could.

No facts = no validity

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    A friend sent this to Eugene Robinson of the Washington Post (on or around 1/14/2021). Thought it would be worthy of sharing

Mr. Eugene Robison:

You made a statement yesterday “"There are millions of Americans, almost all white, almost all Republicans, who somehow need to be deprogrammed…”. How would plan to go about this for the 70 million plus who voted for Trump? Would have reeducation camps like 400 that have been built China? How about North Korean camps where over 125000 people are being held for reeducation? Maybe you would like to see what Nazi Germany did in WWII, where men were separated from women and children and put in concentration camps for learning the new thoughts? Maybe the Russian model where people were sent to Siberia?
    Once you got these people in this deprogramming camps how would you know that they were deprogrammed? Would they have to swear allegiance to the Democratic party?
    You were right in condemning what happened at the US capitol on January 6, but I do not recall you or your fellow Leftists calling out the violence that was done this summer doing the BLM protests. Maybe my eyesight is bad but when people burn business, burn cars, loot business, occupying buildings or city blocks and fight with the police I think that behavior is just as bad.
    The United States in my opinion is now the most divided that I have every seen in my 70+ years of being born and raised in this country. I further believe that people like you and Left have led to this division. It started back when Trump was elected in 2016, and for 3 years you and mainstream media told us about his collusion with Russian to win the election which was false. Then we had the impeachment of Trump for doing essentially what Biden did when he was vice president. Then a little over 2 years ago we were told that people had to have safe spaces from those mean conservatives and that we had to aware of our microaggressions. Now all whites have special privileges and are racists.
    Another question for you. Is it anti American to vote for someone that you believe has better plans? I could not bring myself to vote for Biden since many of his plans and polices I can’t agree with and I think will be bad for this country.
    One further thought, if you think what Biden has said in the last few days or what you have said yesterday will bring this country together you sadly mistaken.
    Sincerely, <redacted>

Your friend is now a prohibited person, on no fly list, and a terrorist. Oh probably kicks puppies as well.

****SARCASM****

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    There is an argument to be made that younger people might make these statements out of historical ignorance but I also wonder if some politicians and media personalities are "tolerance testing" these concepts by speaking them aloud. If no one squawks, then they'll seriously consider moving ahead with these ideas.

The election happened. It didn't go my way. I accepted it. I still have some freedoms left to make my own personal circumstances better. I'm willing to live as a peaceful citizen.

If Progressives really start discussing camps, or "reeducation" in any kind of earnestness, I literally have nothing left to lose (not even my life) and I will be extremely violent. I won't go quietly.
    Losing an election is one thing. If Progs make people feel like their backs are up against a literal wall, people are going to lash out violently.

Right now, the Left appears to be allowing citizens to "self-reeducate" by banning, firing or shunning them societally. Voted for Trump? Publicly repent and all will be forgiven.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The Chicoms have developed reeducation to a high degree. We damn sure better take this seriously. This is for real.

Your friend's letter misses the point. These people know exactly what they mean.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    I hope most here didn’t miss the fact that race was first in this description of “undesirables”. There is much more at play than just politics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom