• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    A trip to Shydas this morning and got my 300 primer quota of MSPP and MLPP each. They had sold out of SPP by the time
    we got there 1.5hrs after opening.

For reference, we dated the CCI primers we got and they were Mfg in late Oct2020, so it is good to know that the supply
    chain is still running, just very slowly..

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    A trip to Shydas this morning and got my 300 primer quota of MSPP and MLPP each. They had sold out of SPP by the time
    we got there 1.5hrs after opening.

For reference, we dated the CCI primers we got and they were Mfg in late Oct2020, so it is good to know that the supply
    chain is still running, just very slowly..

Just an FYI. Any time I go up to Shyda’s I also stop by Richland Shooters Supply. Only 10 miles from Shyda’s.

http://richlandshooters.com

JaeLess

Nov 20, 2020
    Not that it matters now, but Bass Pro in Arundel Mills had them this morning. They are way gone now...

R81

Jun 30, 2006
    I'm thinking one reason primer are in such extreme short supply is because many get snapped up by dealers who in turn sell them on Gunbroker.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    At this point unless you have a friend on the inside you're waving your money along with the rest of the crowd. Step aside, take a deep breath and check once a week instead of daily. When you see a reasonable price, decide how many you need for the next 12 months and place an order to satisfy your need. 6 months down the road reassess and repeat the process. In September of an election year, be sure you have sufficient components to satisfy your reasonable need for the upcoming 12 months.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    definitely load distill and discord on your computers and phones. i've gotten some 20k primers over last couple weeks via these, as well as 8# jugs of various powders. at 'regular' prices though with smaller order sizes, hazmat and shipping add up. just make sure you stay logged on to each website and they have your addy, card info, etc and then when you get a notice, RACE thru checkout. midway, midsouth, graf, natchez, powder valley, brownells. seems that basspro & cabelas stopped online ordering for primers & powder.

JimB

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick County, MD
    100% what davsco said. I am stocked up on primers and powder using the same method. You can get bullets, brass, dies, presses, everything you need for reloading.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Discord is where you want to be. All of my powder and primers have been found because of it. I wish I had been buying up pistol primers every time there's been notifications these last few weeks.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    So I had Discord on my phone for some reason. I joined the 'Reloading" forum or whatever it's called. Then I went to #notification-selection and clicked what I wanted. Then went to notification settings and chose Only @mentions.

For the discord gurus, that sound right? I work in IT but I'm getting older and never had interest in any of this stuff....

ETA: On my iPhone I also enabled alerts through settings

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    So I had Discord on my phone for some reason. I joined the 'Reloading" forum or whatever it's called. Then I went to #notification-selection and clicked what I wanted. Then went to notification settings and chose Only @mentions.

For the discord gurus, that sound right? I work in IT but I'm getting older and never had interest in any of this stuff....

ETA: On my iPhone I also enabled alerts through settings

Yes, that should work for you. That's how I have mine set up.

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Cool. Thanks! I'm not desperate yet but getting close on primers.

I've had email alerts with Midway and Brownells for a few weeks and either they haven't restocked or they're sold out before the alerts go out.

It's selling out before the alerts go out. Midway put some out recently and Brownells had several types of Federal primers come in stock today. I managed to get 1000 Small Pistol Primers from them this afternoon, but they cancelled my order for 1000 magnum SPPs because they sold out.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    definitely load distill and discord on your computers and phones. i've gotten some 20k primers over last couple weeks via these, as well as 8# jugs of various powders. at 'regular' prices though with smaller order sizes, hazmat and shipping add up. just make sure you stay logged on to each website and they have your addy, card info, etc and then when you get a notice, RACE thru checkout. midway, midsouth, graf, natchez, powder valley, brownells. seems that basspro & cabelas stopped online ordering for primers & powder.
    Question on distill. When setting up a page, do you have to set up separate pages for each item in your search or is it possible to save multiple items on one search page?

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    It's selling out before the alerts go out. Midway put some out recently and Brownells had several types of Federal primers come in stock today. I managed to get 1000 Small Pistol Primers from them this afternoon, but they cancelled my order for 1000 magnum SPPs because they sold out.

Good info. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom