• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Ward

Jan 2, 2021
    Hello,
    I live in Elkton, MD and would like to know if there are any ranges where I can shoot out to 1000 YDS.

Thanks,
    Paul

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    First, welcome to MD Shooters!

There are a few 1000 yard ranges but they will be a few hours drive for you. Bridgeville Rifle and pistol club is likely the closest. There is also peacemaker in WV and Mifflin County Sportsman Association in PA.

Swaim13

Jun 11, 2017
    If you are interested in PRS Shooting, check out the Mason Dixon PRS as they shoot in New Holland, Mayberry, and Mifflin.

Paul Ward

Jan 2, 2021
    Thank you folks. I checked bridgeville and was the 1000 yd range was only open for competitions.
    Thanks
    Paul

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Not 1000, but Southern Lancaster County Sportsman & Farmers Assoc. has 600 yds.
    Not very far from Elkton.
    And, Greetings! :wave:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Is there a range at Fort Meade? If so, what distance is/was the range there?

Do they still open it to the public for competitions?

There is a range at Ft. Meade, max distance is 600 yards. You have to be a member of one of the clubs that is allowed to use the ranges as far as I know. Meade Rifle and Pistol club is one. Access is limited.

Used to shoot there before the State Association and the range parted company years ago.

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    There is a range at Ft. Meade, max distance is 600 yards. You have to be a member of one of the clubs that is allowed to use the ranges as far as I know. Meade Rifle and Pistol club is one. Access is limited.

Used to shoot there before the State Association and the range parted company years ago.

Thank you for the update!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    1000 and 600 are very different balls of wax in my experience, mostly due to 308 starting to run out of steam at 800. I could nail 500-600 with my eyes closed compared to 1000.

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    600 yards?? I belong there and the longest range we have is 300 yards..
    Is there another new range this year?

Nope - no new one that I’m aware of. I’m a member as well and only to 300 although its my understanding that they have property to expand to 500. (But no plans)

https://www.slcfsa.org/

I suspect the poster confused with New Holland. That has to 700. Its east of lancaster..

https://www.nhrpc.org/

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Not very far from Elkton.
    And, Greetings! :wave:

When did they get a 600? Farthest last I knew was 300. New Holland has a 600 from what I understand

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom