• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    I very much doubt we have wolves here, but I can all but guarantee that we have Coy-wolves as I have seen them. That may be what the tracks are from if not from a large dog. The Coywolves have pretty much spread throughout the North and Mid-Atlantic regions.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    No wolves, but we've seen some big coyotes in Hampshire county. Easily 60 pounds.

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    That aint no cat print! Not a Bear either!! That is a very large Canine print....somebodys St. Bernard is loose or the Eastern Grey Ghost (Wolf) is walking at night, as yes both are here...my bet is the Eastern Coyote, plenty of food and very large. One was dead on 70 south by the bend on the shoulder, even the trucker in front breaked to slow down and look, that boy was a beast!

Huge, really huge Id say 75lbs easy.

Wardove

Jul 23, 2017
    Blairsville, GA
    The big print shown is not a cat. There are plenty of coyotes and bobcats in Pendleton county. The locals also report mountain lions. Supposedly are some red wolves up in the Dolly Sod area. Plenty of bear down there too. None of them will bother you, but I would not trust a cat. The sheep people are begging folks to shoot the coyotes.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    That aint no cat print! Not a Bear either!! That is a very large Canine print....somebodys St. Bernard is loose or the Eastern Grey Ghost (Wolf) is walking at night, as yes both are here...my bet is the Eastern Coyote, plenty of food and very large. One was dead on 70 south by the bend on the shoulder, even the trucker in front breaked to slow down and look, that boy was a beast!

Huge, really huge Id say 75lbs easy.

The picture shown of the large canine print is not from the OP. There's no pic of the print that was being discussed.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There WAS a picture .

When I had it blown up on the phone screen to measure the size relative to the Quarter next to the track . But apparently a finger brushed the erase button , and I hadn't yet forwarded it .

But Littlefoot44 not only witnessed it , but had her finger in the picture pointing at the track .

But it is the same shape and dimensions as the Cougar track in the Michigan DNR website linked in this thread .

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Call me when you find one of these: :lol2:

3d64ef766d298cb17966e77bff6b77d5.jpg

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    There WAS a picture .

When I had it blown up on the phone screen to measure the size relative to the Quarter next to the track . But apparently a finger brushed the erase button , and I hadn't yet forwarded it .

But Littlefoot44 not only witnessed it , but had her finger in the picture pointing at the track .

But it is the same shape and dimensions as the Cougar track in the Michigan DNR website linked in this thread .

I remember that you posted that you had one. I was just clarifying that the picture posted earlier in the thread by Norton (which I agree with other posters appears to be a large canine) was not a pic of the track you described in the OP and which you believe to be a mountain lion.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actually , the left one is just a skosh longer than the right , so I always try on shoes left foot first .

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Mad amounts of coyote tracks around the Undisclosed Location this week. I could hear them in the evening up on the hill above us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom