• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I'd take a pie bald but not an albino. Unless I was hungry, in that case I'll take whatever the good Lord puts in front of me.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    I will shoot any mature deer. If I am legally able to take it, I will. I will give a doe a pass if her fawns are with her. I worked with a guy who shot a doe and her fawns were too stupid to run.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I had a piebald deer in my sights Saturday evening. First time in my life...I let it walk. My decision was based on the size, it appeared to be a fawn. I'm guessing maybe a button buck, he was hanging around with a 4pt.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I never seen a pie bald or albino in the woods when I was hunting that I can remember.
    I have seen albeit unknown to me at the time (taxidermist pointed it out) a whitetail buck with a mane.

Not a big long flowing mane like you would see on a horse,but something like guard hairs on the back of the neck.
    Evidently once they are washed combed out and all of that things like that become apparent.
    Every once in a while a sika will pop up missing one eye from locking horns or have hooves that are rotted out.

Now that I think about it a little more I did see a pie bald buck one time. I had a guy from Heroes haven with me and he didn't shoot it. It was like a 4 or basket six or something.
    I hunted the same field again over the years which was along the cripples but never seen it again so someone must have flattened it or it died somehow.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I saw a huge piebald buck in the field across the creek from my stand a few weeks ago. Not going to pass on him if he wanders in.

Albino, not sure. I've never seen one.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I will shoot any mature deer. If I am legally able to take it, I will. I will give a doe a pass if her fawns are with her. I worked with a guy who shot a doe and her fawns were too stupid to run.

I'd shoot the fawns. I like veal.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    94ba36535d680ce71e7791866548d639.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Back when you had to have two doe killed before going after your bonus buck, that was always an easy decision to make. ;)

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Why let the spotted ones walk ?

Because they are cool to watch during the rest of the year and to give them an opportunity to pass on their recessive "albino" gene to make more of the same. Most of us will never see a white deer because, well, they just taste as good as their brown brothers.

NBS had a herd of painted deer back when I lived in the PRoMC. I always wondered how many traffic accidents that herd was responsible for w/ folks doing triple takes at 70 MPH. It was not uncommon to see folks on the shoulder taking pics of that herd since they were so special looking.

White Deer Lives Matter! Can I get an Amen?

Peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom