• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    My son Odin K. Richardson was born about an hour ago, a healthy and strong 7# 4oz. The wife Amy is doing well, and was amazing through the whole ordeal, our first baby, so we didn't know what to expect. Smokey0118 gained a nephew, and Hammer1223 gained a grandson.

]
    Congrats to Poppa Alucard, Unca Smokey and Grandpa Hammer!
    :party29:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Finally home and settled in, and life has gotten somewhat back to normal, I also have a profound understanding of the phrase "I'll sleep when I'm dead":D. Got home monday evening, went back to work tuesday am. I was a little worried about how our Corgi Cosmo would act around the baby, he is a good dog, and he is obedient, but sometimes pets can be funny with new additions, or can play a bit too rough, and too close to the baby. Turned out Cosmo and our cat Grits were about perfect around him, the cat will sit by me when I have the baby, but when the baby is by himself in another room, the cat leaves him alone. Cosmo likes to sit by the baby all the time, I've trained him to stay a foot or two away unless we allow him closer, he is already protective of Odin, and will stand in-between the baby and any visitors till I show the dog it is OK for someone else to contact the baby. He doesn't bark when the baby cries, but if I am in another room Cosmo will come and whine to me, basically letting me know something is wrong. If the dog is playing, and running around, he stops and walks when he gets anywhere near the baby to avoid bumping into him accidentally. I've spent several hours over the last 2 days working with the dog, and it seems to have worked out well, and very quickly, he knows his place in the pack, and is comfortable with being low on the totem pole. Every kid should have a furry best friend to grow up with;)

SDC11585.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom