• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Yesterday, I didn't have alot going on, so Amy and I decided to take a trip up to Cabelas about an hour away. I have been to a couple Bass Pro shops before, and have heard mixed reviews of Cabelas, some say it is like Disneyland for Hunters, some say it is nothing more than a glorified Dick's sporting goods. I am happy to say that it did not dissapoint.

This store is MASSIVE, at least twice the size of Bass Pro in Arundel mills, they also had an impressive variety of displays in every department. There were about 4 25' long aquariums in the fishing section with a variety of live game fish, and dozens of trophys along the walls with a massive selection of fishing gear and a boat dealership. In the center of the store is a giant taxadermy display with hundreds of mounts encompassing different regions on 4 sides of a mountain, there were also 2 other displays, one set up like the plains of Africa, the other was dedicated mostly to deer and forest small game, most displays involved several individual mounts set together to look like an action display, there were also signs below some of the animals showing their prominence as state and national records. The Hunting section had a couple ARs, tactical and precision rifles, but as expected most long guns were turn bolt hunting rifles and shotguns, along with at least a couple hundred new and used handguns, and racks full of about 200 or so used long guns. The ammo and reloading sections were very well stocked, and very buisy, prices were about average for a retailer like this, there was also a decent restraunt upstairs, and a bargain cave with a lot of good deals on everything from boots to boat motors. We talked to a few people working there, and everyone went out of their way to help us, and seemed to genuinely love what they do. If you find yourself around the Redding/Lancaster/Allentown area, it is definitely worth the trip to check out.:thumbsup:

Cabela's Hamburg, PA

100 Cabela Drive - Hamburg, PA 19526

Phone: 610-929-7000

Store Hours: (Eastern Time)
    Monday - Saturday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
    Sundays: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Video tour

IMAGE_142.jpg

IMAGE_143.jpg

IMAGE_152.jpg

IMAGE_156.jpg

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Wow. Very cool. Thanks for the review. I like the Bass Pro because it's only 15 minutes away, but the handgun section is always mobbed, mostly with people who just want to hold guns and aren't there to purchase anything. I am going to have to drive up to Cabelas soon!

Llyrin

Yankee-Rebel
    Mar 14, 2009
    Charles Co
    My daughter lives only a few miles from the one in Gonzales, LA. So, I ordered a pair of 30-round mags from Cabelas for my Remington 597 and had them shipped to her. WhenI visit her next month, I'll bring them back to SSMD. I wish there was one near here. Smyrna would at least be closer, and I have a sister in Clayton, DE too, so when I visit her I could easily make the trip to Cabelas.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    I've went to the Cabela's in both West Virginia and Michigan last summer while visiting family. I agree with alucard that the staff is both knowledgeable and friendly. The only trouble is that when you go to any Cabela's it is almost impossible not to spend any money!

ssjones

Nov 22, 2008
    That store is on my work travel path, so I stop every two months are so. I never see any real "deals" at the store, but occasionally stumble over something in the bargain cave. Last winter, I picked up a $250 Gore-Tex winter parka for $69. $5 rear mat for the truck, etc. In the summer, they have sales in a big tent outside or just off the front entrance, under the building eave. That is one of the biggest buildings I've seen!

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    What I love about cabelas are the used gun racks....

Sporterized Winchester 1917 enfield......225

Sporterized 1903a3....175

I was bummed when they removed one rack.....they only run 3 now....

With the cabela's points I've gotten some great discounts.....

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    What I love about cabelas are the used gun racks....

Sporterized Winchester 1917 enfield......225

Sporterized 1903a3....175

I was bummed when they removed one rack.....they only run 3 now....

With the cabela's points I've gotten some great discounts.....

+1 :thumbsup:

The only one I've been to was in WV. They are laid out pretty much the same. I didn't want to go, my wife made me leave. It was the bestest pwace I've ever been to. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom