• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Any one in the North East corner of MD who is interested in Joining Southern Lancaster County Farmer Sportsmen's Association there are membership openings available. See my post "Quarreyville Range Memberships" in the Recreational Shooting section for details:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=185889

mroe21877

Nov 5, 2014
    I see they have many weekend events. Are rifle ranges still available on weekends for non event goers? I really can only make it up there weekends so if the ranges are often closed for events it would be a waste for me. I'm not far from elk neck but I'm not always comfortable there.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 7.0 II using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I see they have many weekend events. Are rifle ranges still available on weekends for non event goers? I really can only make it up there weekends so if the ranges are often closed for events it would be a waste for me. I'm not far from elk neck but I'm not always comfortable there.

They always keep at least one range open for each discipline. If it is a rifle competition they use one rifle range for the competition and one rifle range for general use. Always at least one pistol range also. A few times each year for special events like the gun show all the ranges are shut but those events are posted in both the news letter and on line.

You will be much more comfortable at SLCFSA than Elk Neck a much better class of shooters.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    One of the nicest ranges I have been to! I have volunteered there to help with several Women on Target Pistol Clinics and found the range layout very flexible, especially the pistol 'bays'. I love the view from the trap fields.

mroe21877

Nov 5, 2014
    Looks like a good place to shoot. I'm going to try and go Sunday. I find Elk Neck to be kind of a scary place at times.
    Yeah hopefully can get up there Sunday. It's only 50 bucks more than elk neck. However their policies say you have to go to an orientation and a monthly meeting to get in, which is impossible for me during the week.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Yeah hopefully can get up there Sunday. It's only 50 bucks more than elk neck. However their policies say you have to go to an orientation and a monthly meeting to get in, which is impossible for me during the week.

The orientation is on Sunday and as far as the meeting attendance goes talk to the membership secretary I am sure they will work something out for you.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have been VERY happy with my membership.

Most times, I have not had to share a range at all. Except if I was competing. Even on weekends.

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    The orientation is on Sunday and as far as the meeting attendance goes talk to the membership secretary I am sure they will work something out for you.

I'm not sure if things have changed but when I joined a couple of years ago the orientation and meeting were held at the same time so I only had to go once to gain membership.

It's a very nice range but unfortunately I haven't been able to get there much during the last year. I renewed my membership this year and plan on going as much as possible this year.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I'm not sure if things have changed but when I joined a couple of years ago the orientation and meeting were held at the same time so I only had to go once to gain membership.

It's a very nice range but unfortunately I haven't been able to get there much during the last year. I renewed my membership this year and plan on going as much as possible this year.

They changed how they do the sign ups after they reached the membership cap because of the number of people waiting for openings. By having the orientation on Sunday morning at the same time the ranges are closed for maintenance it made it easier because of the crowds, last year they had 160 people show up for the first orientation. And nobody posted it on MDS forum like this year.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    WOW, glad I joined a few years ago.

I heard about it here in MDS. Went up to the April meeting for orientation and the meeting. You were supposed to stay for the meeting, but a number of people pleaded work (that night or early the next morning).

Good thing I went when I did, they closed membership that night, due to being close to the cap.

They keep some slots open, as they give them away in drawings at the classes they teach.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I have been VERY happy with my membership.

Most times, I have not had to share a range at all. Except if I was competing. Even on weekends.

^^^^ This!

Been a member for a few years. My wife joined separately two years back, but this year she did not renew, she only goes when i go and we figured it was a wasted membership spot someone else could use.

Great people up there.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    WOW, glad I joined a few years ago.

I heard about it here in MDS. Went up to the April meeting for orientation and the meeting. You were supposed to stay for the meeting, but a number of people pleaded work (that night or early the next morning).

Good thing I went when I did, they closed membership that night, due to being close to the cap.

They keep some slots open, as they give them away in drawings at the classes they teach.

They also have some slots open for active military or LEO's who want to join during the year.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    For territory has changed and now I will be traveling into PA and Lancaster country 2-3 days a week. Guess where I'll be spending a lot of time. :D

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    :thumbsup: I joined last year and have been to the range more than ever. I used to shoot at Elk Neck and between the crowds and safety concerns this club is hands down BETTER. I recommend joining and I am sure you will be glad.:thumbsup:

mroe21877

Nov 5, 2014
    Joined today. Place was packed.! I could barely park in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom