• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    I don't know if it's the cynical old fart in me or just experience in dealing with democRATs & libs, but I still don't feel good about this. I guess it's because of what's happened in the country the past 8 years, how so many things have gone against reason, logic, legality & plain common sense. I hope I'm wrong.

:sad20: kind of like the governor race.....lets be less pessimistic man...this is our holy grail here!

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I don't know if it's the cynical old fart in me or just experience in dealing with democRATs & libs, but I still don't feel good about this. I guess it's because of what's happened in the country the past 8 years, how so many things have gone against reason, logic, legality & plain common sense. I hope I'm wrong.

I think caution is a good thing, however, it's also good to take a little time to celebrate a victory.

It's good for the heart.

Then, after a little joy, we focus on the next stage.

It's far from over.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    80 members, 70 guests

I wonder what they're expecting to read??

Sorry folks... no pitchforks and torches.

Yep, I'm seeing currently 74 guests, 64 members.

I'm optimistic, and hope the vast majority of these folks are just trying to pick-up some sense of what this all means to us as a sovereign state, with a long history and tradition of doing the right thing. So many of us, and that includes many with a D behind their name that have been elected to political office in Maryland have been 'whipped' into conforming to policies that the vast majority of us (including me, I'm a registered democrat), have been forced to comply with.

This is a new day, and just another sign that 'We the People' are reasserting our rights, and following our fundamental Judeo-Christian values. It is wrong and harmful to deny (via oppressive 'May-Issue') law abiding citizens right to self-defense. The courts are realizing this and to have our own Attorney General so adamantly and vehemently oppose the position of the People of Maryland, the rest of America, the federal and Supreme Court - only illustrates their disconnection from reality.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I think caution is a good thing, however, it's also good to take a little time to celebrate a victory.

It's good for the heart.

Then, after a little joy, we focus on the next stage.

It's far from over.
    I couldn't have said it any better. Enjoy the moment and dig in for the battle

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    I'm on as a guest a good bit, forget to login until I can't see the pretty pictures that are posted :lol2:

Yeah, me too. Just looked in on the celebration earlier after reading about the decision on a blog. Since I've fled "the free state" I normally just browse w/out logging on since I typically don't have much to add. No malice intended, and "Woo Hoo!"

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    ... I don't like how the 4th circuit opined on the 14thA question regarding Leo's because it shows the state can categorize people in regards to a tier. Leo's can have AR's because they are better trained. Retired Leo's are better than regular citizens because they are better trained. It's a caste system now.

I liked the desenting opinion that retired LEOs are in effect the same as the rest of us if the intent was to keep assault weapons out of the hands of criminals. I don't think they are less prone to burglary, for example.
    Lots of good arguments in this opinion. WE ARE NOT A RUBBER STAMP! Priceless.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Yep, I'm seeing currently 74 guests, 64 members.

I'm optimistic, and hope the vast majority of these folks are just trying to pick-up some sense of what this all means to us as a sovereign state, with a long history and tradition of doing the right thing. So many of us, and that includes many with a D behind their name that have been elected to political office in Maryland have been 'whipped' into conforming to policies that the vast majority of us (including me, I'm a registered democrat), have been forced to comply with.

This is a new day, and just another sign that 'We the People' are reasserting our rights, and following our fundamental Judeo-Christian values. It is wrong and harmful to deny (via oppressive 'May-Issue') law abiding citizens right to self-defense. The courts are realizing this and to have our own Attorney General so adamantly and vehemently oppose the position of the People of Maryland, the rest of America, the federal and Supreme Court - only illustrates their disconnection from reality.

This is just a flat out AWESOME! post.

:bowdown:

And..for the record...I have been a "guest" of this thread on at least 4 different devices today...so....frosh can still suck it.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I am so happy I might need to write a poem in celebration. stay tuned....thanks to the legal eagles for providing commentary although the judges decision was surprisingly plain English.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    My favorite part:

"Our distinguished dissenting colleague asserts that we have imprudently and
    unnecessarily broken with our sister courts of appeal and infers that we
    will bear some responsibility for future mass shootings. In our view,
    inferences of this nature have no place in judicial opinions and we will not
    respond beyond noting this. The meaning of the Constitution does not depend
    on a popular vote of the circuits and it is neither improper nor imprudent
    for us to disagree with the other circuits addressing this issue. We are not
    a rubber stamp. We require strict scrutiny here not because it aligns with
    our personal policy preferences but because we believe it is compelled by
    the law set out in Heller and Chester."

This, in a nutshell, is the issue since Heller. Like it or not, firearm ownership is protected by the Bill of Rights. It is also a heavy shot at the dissenting judge. They are questioning his temperament and ability to apply the law in an even handed manner.

This it's a "consensus" attitude is SOP by the leftists to ramrod all kinds of nonsense on everyone else. Glad a Judge finally points out that is not how justice is supposed to work. Justice is supposed to be blind to those things.

Last edited:

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    What is the last day the State has to file? Already know it is going to be at the last minute. Is it 60 days, 90, 6 months?

RepublicanJD

Jul 16, 2014
    AA County
    What is the last day the State has to file? Already know it is going to be at the last minute. Is it 60 days, 90, 6 months?

They have 14 days to file a petition for an en banc hearing. I think they have 90 days to file a petition for cert...but they won't do that here. Whatever Frosh decides to do...it'll happen quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom