• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    What are your opinions on the Glock Gen. 2? I had the opportunity to hold one at the show over the weekend and the grip felt way more comfortable than the later versions with the finger groove frame. Not interested in the frame not having a rail for attachments, just looking for info. on any issues with the Gen. 2 version. Thanks.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I think the Gen 2 is the Glock that made Glock what it is today. I wish they would make them today, nut with the front rail and adjustable back straps.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    What model Gen 2, pro & cons on each model?
    My $.02

I think the Gen 2 is the Glock that made Glock what it is today. I wish they would make them today, nut with the front rail and adjustable back straps.

Wait for the FBI model to hit the civ market and you will have ur wish on finger grove & backstraps.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    My favorite Glock is my 17 gen 2.

Never an issue with it. Think I bought it in 1987 or 1988.

Kinda wish it had a rail, not sure I'd use it, but would be nice to have.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I wouldn't trade my G19 Gen2 for anything. Well okay, maybe a true Colt 601.

They really are nice firearms.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Finger grooves slow down setting up a proper grip... never really though about picking up a gen2 but it sort of makes sense now.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Dad has a 19 gen 2, I have a 19 gen 4. The 4 doesn't flex as much under recoil, recoil feels lighter/smoother, larger mag release, more comfortable grip size/shape, better texture, and no big stupid cutout at the bottom of the frontstrap. Where the finger grooves feel too deep on the 3rd gen, they feel good to me on the 4 without the recessed checkering, and fit my fingers, so they don't bother me.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Dad has a 19 gen 2, I have a 19 gen 4. The 4 doesn't flex as much under recoil, recoil feels lighter/smoother, larger mag release, more comfortable grip size/shape, better texture, and no big stupid cutout at the bottom of the frontstrap. Where the finger grooves feel too deep on the 3rd gen, they feel good to me on the 4 without the recessed checkering, and fit my fingers, so they don't bother me.

That's the amazing thing about handguns. Everybody has there own preference. I have a Gen4 17 and a Gen2 19 and I like the way the 19 shoots so much more than the gen4 17.

Now my wife loves to shoot an old S&W 915, I can't hit the side of a barn with it.

It goes to show that different people will prefer different handguns.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    What model Gen 2, pro & cons on each model?
    My $.02

Wait for the FBI model to hit the civ market and you will have ur wish on finger grove & backstraps.

I heard about the FBI specs for their new Glock sidearm. Interested in seeing one. I do have very definite ideas on what I demand from a handgun or any gun for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom