• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireup

Oct 14, 2010
    Catonsville
    Just wanted to show off my completed M1 Garand display project. It was a quick diy display. Used spent shell casings that I slipped over bolts which I ran through the back as pegs to hold them. Winchester, Springfield, H&R and International Harvester.

Attachments

• IMG_2470.jpg
      IMG_2470.jpg
      47.1 KB · Views: 504

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Nice display, much better than just being safe queens.
    Mine just sits in the back of the safe begging to be taken out to shot, I have to take it with me on the next trip to the range.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Most excellent. I need a Garand.

Very nice display of the old timers. I've owned my share and will be adding an International Harvester M1 Garand to GunBroker later today. With health issues, I am trimming a dozen or so Garands in the coming months. I also sell FTF in central Maryland.

Lew--Ranger63
    Laurel, MD 20707

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Just wanted to show off my completed M1 Garand display project. It was a quick diy display. Used spent shell casings that I slipped over bolts which I ran through the back as pegs to hold them. Winchester, Springfield, H&R and International Harvester.

Well done. The only thing missing is Patton's quote, which'd fit there nicely on that top piece under the lights.:thumbsup:

badKarmaJC

Nov 15, 2013
    St. Mary's County
    How about some help for the lazy?

Sure I could test fit the bolt holes locations if I was anywhere close to my Garands, but for the sake of curiosity:

-What was the vertical and horizontal measurements on center?
    -Did you somehow angle the bolts/brass up or are they secure enough to not sag under the load?

:thumbsup: Looks awesome and I fully intend to copy, maybe with some intermixed Springfields when I return home. I've often thought about a rack to place my Arisaka, 1903A4, Garand, and K98 together as historical timeframe type display rack.

Sounds like an excellent excuse to plan for 2 displays and the requisite additional M1s. This is getting to be an expensive woodworking project! :)

fireup

Oct 14, 2010
    Catonsville
    Sure I could test fit the bolt holes locations if I was anywhere close to my Garands, but for the sake of curiosity:

-What was the vertical and horizontal measurements on center?
    -Did you somehow angle the bolts/brass up or are they secure enough to not sag under the load?

:thumbsup: Looks awesome and I fully intend to copy, maybe with some intermixed Springfields when I return home. I've often thought about a rack to place my Arisaka, 1903A4, Garand, and K98 together as historical timeframe type display rack.

Sounds like an excellent excuse to plan for 2 displays and the requisite additional M1s. This is getting to be an expensive woodworking project! :)

Thanks everyone! I'm very happy with the results. It's nice being able to appreciate what you have and not always have them hiding in the safe.

-I can measure it out when I get home but honestly I did exactly what you said. I laid them all out and then marked the locations to make sure they were level and spaced out evenly up and down.

-When putting the bolts through the back I thought about tilting them up. I ended up not doing that because I was nervous that the leaning would be too noticeable. It actually worked out great with where I had the rifle resting on the shells/bolts. The flat spot behind the trigger guard and the open area on the bottom of the front handguard gave a very solid base when resting them on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom