Attachments

• 20170506_121517.jpg
      20170506_121517.jpg
      66.2 KB · Views: 669

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Nice work! I use model paint, it works great and I have done several guns with it, both ARs and handguns.. Easy to do, holds up well for me.

woodyplacks

May 23, 2017
    Yes, the lettering does look nice, and I may do that to one of my rifles, as it really sets it off nicely!............Art.

woodyplacks

May 23, 2017
    Greetings, I have a problem, and I`m not sure where to post it. I just bought a used Voere Shikar 30 06 rifle, I believe made in 1969. It had some gunk on the back section of the receiver, on top, where it has a matt black finish, so, I used a copper brush, and clp to clean it, only to find, that the bluing came off also!. I didn`t think a copper brush would bother bluing, but it does! The top will not be covered completely by the scope base, and was flat black. The matt texture is still there, just not the black color. Cold blues- I don`t know?? I have some Mk lee rust blue solution, but I`m afraid it would damage the highly polished bluing on the sides, and not just repair the top. What would you do, to repair the finish? Thanks for all replies........Art.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Go to master (main) page for the forum, the one th at lists all the Subforums.

Click on relevant subforum . ( For this subject, either gunsmithing or rifles would work.)

Click on the button for "New Thread" .

( Meant in helpful and self-depreciating humorous tone. ) I'm the most computer illiterate person on here, and even I can occasionally start a thread, so jump in and enjoy, and gain enlightenment.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Go to master (main) page for the forum, the one th at lists all the Subforums.

Click on relevant subforum . ( For this subject, either gunsmithing or rifles would work.)

Click on the button for "New Thread" .

( Meant in helpful and self-depreciating humorous tone. ) I'm the most computer illiterate person on here, and even I can occasionally start a thread, so jump in and enjoy, and gain enlightenment.

Beat me too it.

Good advice.

Welcome woodyplacks, by the way.

Also, much appreciated if you would post in Introductions too. Same deal, just start a new thread in that sub forum.

:D

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Greetings, I have a problem, and I`m not sure where to post it. I just bought a used Voere Shikar 30 06 rifle, I believe made in 1969. It had some gunk on the back section of the receiver, on top, where it has a matt black finish, so, I used a copper brush, and clp to clean it, only to find, that the bluing came off also!. I didn`t think a copper brush would bother bluing, but it does! The top will not be covered completely by the scope base, and was flat black. The matt texture is still there, just not the black color. Cold blues- I don`t know?? I have some Mk lee rust blue solution, but I`m afraid it would damage the highly polished bluing on the sides, and not just repair the top. What would you do, to repair the finish? Thanks for all replies........Art.

I put a thread in Gunsmithing for you. If you hang out here a while you will pick up some of the tech stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom