• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireup

Oct 14, 2010
    Catonsville
    Not to hijack the thread but I’m kind of in the same boat. Was looking at the citori sporting vs silver pigeon. I try to get out to loch raven a few times a month. Nothing crazy. Want something dependable that’ll keep up with my slow learning curve. Was able to briefly shoot a silver pigeon the other day and really liked it. Might head down to pg since I was told they have ones to rent. Would like to try my hand with a citori. Does anywhere around here rent them or possibly know someone who’s knowledgeable about fitting that could help me out? I know people say it’s usually one or the other but I’d like to make sure.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Not to hijack the thread but I’m kind of in the same boat. Was looking at the citori sporting vs silver pigeon. I try to get out to loch raven a few times a month. Nothing crazy. Want something dependable that’ll keep up with my slow learning curve. Was able to briefly shoot a silver pigeon the other day and really liked it. Might head down to pg since I was told they have ones to rent. Would like to try my hand with a citori. Does anywhere around here rent them or possibly know someone who’s knowledgeable about fitting that could help me out? I know people say it’s usually one or the other but I’d like to make sure.

You can always go to Bass Pro and shoulder both, no obligation to buy.

fireup

Oct 14, 2010
    Catonsville
    You can always go to Bass Pro and shoulder both, no obligation to buy.

That’s definitely on the to do list. Might wait until after the holiday rush. I always feel like I’m being a pain handling guns and not ready to purchase. Especially bass pro where everything is under lock and key. Was hoping to shoot a couple rounds with both to really see how they handle

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Attachments

• 20181204_221431.jpg
      20181204_221431.jpg
      93.1 KB · Views: 187

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    That's the "crossover" model? Held one at DSG, before the stupid, felt nice.

CXS (i.e Crossover Skeet). Would have been ok with a CX. I don't want the higher rib CXT trap. Shoulders nicely and I shot a Citori White Lightning a couple of times and liked it. I wanted to like the Beretta, but this one just shoulders better.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    CXS (i.e Crossover Skeet). Would have been ok with a CX. I don't want the higher rib CXT trap. Shoulders nicely and I shot a Citori White Lightning a couple of times and liked it. I wanted to like the Beretta, but this one just shoulders better.

My only regret is that I did not consider a model with both 12 and 20 gauge uppers. Unbeknownst to me, you can't just go out and buy an extra upper for these O/U guns; they are fitted individually. It's not like an AR where you can just slap a 300 blackout upper on your existing lower :)

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    My only regret is that I did not consider a model with both 12 and 20 gauge uppers. Unbeknownst to me, you can't just go out and buy an extra upper for these O/U guns; they are fitted individually. It's not like an AR where you can just slap a 300 blackout upper on your existing lower :)

That’s one reason I recommend Beretta’s over Browning’s. Lots of barrels and wood out there for Berettas. I’ve never seen a separate Browning barrel for sale. I’ve seen Beretta barrels that went right on, no fitting required. Usually the ejectors need to be timed. Not a major job for a gunsmith.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    That’s one reason I recommend Beretta’s over Browning’s. Lots of barrels and wood out there for Berettas. I’ve never seen a separate Browning barrel for sale. I’ve seen Beretta barrels that went right on, no fitting required. Usually the ejectors need to be timed. Not a major job for a gunsmith.

Very interesting; lots of great info here.

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    I have a Silver Pigeion I, 12 gauge, 28 inch. Very lightly used.

Putting out a feeler for a trade for a Duck Gun.

Let me know what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom