• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm not sure about the model you won, but I do know that you have to be sure you get a Gen3 parts kit for a 17. I bought a lower parts kit from a big vendor at a gun show that alllllmost worked. After a lot of in and out and fiddling around and comparing it to a real Glock, I determined that the trigger bar was simply too long. It would fit in, but the trigger just wasn't right. I never tried it with live ammo, but it would indeed dry fire. In fact, it would dry fire without even pushing in the safety lever in the middle of the trigger :eek:

I took it to my LGS who immediately said, "That's a Gen4 trigger, see the little dimple right there? Dead giveaway." All the other parts seemed to be the same, and he got me a proper Gen3 trigger. It could have been really dangerous.

This picture from the web highlights the little dimple or "bump" on the part that lifts the firing pin block that makes it clearly Gen4, not 3:
    4thGenTrigger0495.jpg
    G26.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    IF I had a couple poly80 kits,,, I'd not be able to find parts kits,,, but would be able to order individual parts from Midway, but of course I dont have ANY poly80 kits.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    I have been looking for parts to build one as well and I got some parts from right to bear and midway but that was early june, since then I think everything else as sold out. I have been searching for a trigger housing with an ejector.

WillyP

Aug 1, 2020
    Lot's of P80s

I don't understand someone building lot's of P80s as I thought you can't sell or give them away.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have been looking for parts to build one as well and I got some parts from right to bear and midway but that was early june, since then I think everything else as sold out. I have been searching for a trigger housing with an ejector.

I just bought a couple from the Glock Store. Just shipped out.
    For billet extractors, Lone Wolf and Shadow Systems

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don't understand someone building lot's of P80s as I thought you can't sell or give them away.

Just to clarify, and I’m sure you are aware, I gave away an 80 Percent kit.

That said, I’ve built a few. I plan to keep them all. They can be sold/given away if serialized. They would have to be transferred in accordance with State laws.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If you can find OEM Glock pats kits right now, they are SKY high... Good luck.
    You know "OEM Glock parts kits" is a euphemism, right? True Glock internals don't work in P80s. Maybe some parts do, but not full kits.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Anyone know of a LGS that would have the extended stop lock for a G26 (Gen 3 I believe)?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom