• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EDA98

Dec 4, 2019
    Laurel MD
    I'm looking for recommendations on a fixed 6x scope. Mainly interested in something older like the Weaver k6, but want to know what other options exist. Thanks

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    The fixed 6x confuses me, especially when 1-6 and 1-8 are available for not much, like the vortex strike eagle, or the trijicon 1-6

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This article has some good info. Also, why not a 1-6x variable ??? I think many fixed scopes have fixed parallax at 100 yrds. which would be a big issue ( for me ) when shooting at less than 100
    Most quality 1-6x LPVOs have fixed parallax at 100yds.

The fixed 6x confuses me, especially when 1-6 and 1-8 are available for not much, like the vortex strike eagle, or the trijicon 1-6
    The Strike Eagle 1-6 isn't nearly as good a scope as the SWFA SS 6x in terms of image quality.

The Accupoint 1-6x IS a much better scope, but it also costs 3x as much (or more).

EDA98

Dec 4, 2019
    Laurel MD
    Well in essence looking at a older 6x is purely for aesthetic purposes. It would be going on a 1946 K31 using a swiss products clamp on mount. I know a newer variable would be better in every way, but I think it might look a bit off on an old rifle.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

Clarity and brightness primarily. You can argue reliability also.

Much depends on what you want and need in a scope, and what you're willing to trade for or to compromise. For example, 1x6 for many means 1x quick target acquisition, and 6x magnification, with little usefulness for the variable range in between. So unless you really want 1x, like for an AR say? Then instead of paying for adjustability, you can buy better quality glass, and superior 6x clarity and brightness instead. Say, for your deer rifle, with a different set of considerations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom