HQL denied to to Medical Marijuana Card?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I know there are some select folk who that may have dawned on, but I would bet the overwhelming majority involved in MM cards had no idea that would be a 2a disqualifying event.

Having worked in Annapolis for a Delegate, I can assure you that you would be incorrect in your thinking. When the first discussion of the MM card started in 2014, the 2A disqualification was one of the top issues that was discussed. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I know there are some select folk who that may have dawned on, but I would bet the overwhelming majority involved in MM cards had no idea that would be a 2a disqualifying event.

Newsflash kid, we were there and you weren't. We were involved from the beginning of the shitshow and actually know what the hell we're talking about. Hell boy, we called them on it from the get go in those committee hearings. See below and for once admit you're 100% wrong in your assumptions.

Except that one of the persons involved heavily in pushing the MM Card through in this state... was extremely well versed on the federal law... from the inside. I know for a fact that person knew. And lobbied like hell to get the law changed to accept the MM program.

Agree to disagree?

Okay

If you want to believe that big money anti gun folks didn’t know about the federal connection... and didn’t consider it as a means of a bait and trap for folks who would not be paying attention... then you’ve grossly underestimated our enemy.

Weed everybody... weed... legal weeed folks...

(They won’t care ‘bout no gunz when they’re high.)

Having worked in Annapolis for a Delegate, I can assure you that you would be incorrect in your thinking. When the first discussion of the MM card started in 2014, the 2A disqualification was one of the top issues that was discussed. They knew exactly what they were doing.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Newsflash kid, we were there and you weren't. We were involved from the beginning of the shitshow and actually know what the hell we're talking about. Hell boy, we called them on it from the get go in those committee hearings. See below and for once admit you're 100% wrong in your assumptions.

In my career in LE... I only ever met a few in the business who did not believe in 2A for everyone. AIRI... The person I refer to was one of them. Tried to get me on board with the idea on several occasions. I always referred back to the fact that state law change would never override the federal laws. But they did not care to go at it on the federal level. What does that say? They knew damn well what they were going after.

MM Cards were the bait. No doubts here.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Except that one of the persons involved heavily in pushing the MM Card through in this state... was extremely well versed on the federal law... from the inside. I know for a fact that person knew. And lobbied like hell to get the law changed to accept the MM program.

Agree to disagree?

Okay

If you want to believe that big money anti gun folks didn’t know about the federal connection... and didn’t consider it as a means of a bait and trap for folks who would not be paying attention... then you’ve grossly underestimated our enemy.

Weed everybody... weed... legal weeed folks...

(They won’t care ‘bout no gunz when they’re high.)

In my career in LE... I only ever met a few in the business who did not believe in 2A for everyone. AIRI... The person I refer to was one of them. Tried to get me on board with the idea on several occasions. I always referred back to the fact that state law change would never override the federal laws. But they did not care to go at it on the federal level. What does that say? They knew damn well what they were going after.

MM Cards were the bait. No doubts here.

Well sorry I did not know you guys were involved with these folks intimately. I stand corrected.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Sounds like it be a worthwhile use of my leave. I will try and keep an eye out for the next go round.

It won't be hard, MSRPA and MSI both keep updated legislative trackers. And the bills, as they get introduced, end up posted here, disected and discussed.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Well sorry I did not know you guys were involved with these folks intimately. I stand corrected.

Next time folks on this forum tell you they know what happened or how something happened in the MDGA you just might want to believe them. You will not find a better connected set of folks when it comes to their state legislature.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Next time folks on this forum tell you they know what happened or how something happened in the MDGA you just night to believe them. You will not find a better connected set of folks when it comes to their state legislature.

Do I know you?? Yep. From the hours we spent fighting tyranny in Annapolis. Great memories, my friend.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Don't forget that if Joe and CowMala win they may try to change that 1 year no MM card (not a Federal law, just how long in MD it takes to get off the database) reinstatement to prohibited for life for MJ use, or use those MM databases to actively go after 1968 Gun Rights Act violations (MJ with Guns = No Bueno).

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Next time folks on this forum tell you they know what happened or how something happened in the MDGA you just might want to believe them. You will not find a better connected set of folks when it comes to their state legislature.

So says the "big sumbich"

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I put out trackers on the MSRPA website, as well do my brothers/sisters in other 2A orgs.

I have honestly never been on that site before, I will have to check for updates on it and MSI. Thank you

It won't be hard, MSRPA and MSI both keep updated legislative trackers. And the bills, as they get introduced, end up posted here, disected and discussed.

I have been doing firearms casually for many years, but recently just joined up here. I really have not had the time in years past with the SUPER long work hours I have worked to do the extra curricular stuff and still have time to enjoy shooting, so I just didn't. With ******** changing things there really has not been much to do these days other then talk smack online and work occasionally when I am aloud to. That and I have bathed in political silliness for the past couple months because a co worker guilted me into being informed. What a prick he is for giving me this stay informed responsibility.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    This forum is a treasure trove of knowledge on just about every topic , and guns are at the top of the list as well as laws and regulations . The anti's come in here and try to get members to mess up a fact or a touchy subject and then will scream at the highest peak that we are law breakers and to get educated .
    They hate us and will stop at nothing to take away our rights if given a chance . MM cards & MM are just one way to get 100 guns or a thousand guns or to stop someone from buying a gun . The liberals that run this state know what they know , also they want people hooked on POT because you get lazy people and people that won't fight because of the drugs they are hooked on .

Always look at the bottom of page it will tell you how many Guest are viewing .

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    This forum is a treasure trove of knowledge on just about every topic , and guns are at the top of the list as well as laws and regulations . The anti's come in here and try to get members to mess up a fact or a touchy subject and then will scream at the highest peak that we are law breakers and to get educated .
    They hate us and will stop at nothing to take away our rights if given a chance . MM cards & MM are just one way to get 100 guns or a thousand guns or to stop someone from buying a gun . The liberals that run this state know what they know , also they want people hooked on POT because you get lazy people and people that won't fight because of the drugs they are hooked on .

Always look at the bottom of page it will tell you how many Guest are viewing .

I have turned wrenches with more then a few dudes who would smoke a bowl and get to smashing on some job at a superhuman speed.

The Pot = Lazy stereotype doesn't fit well on most.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have turned wrenches with more then a few dudes who would smoke a bowl and get to smashing on some job at a superhuman speed.

The Pot = Lazy stereotype doesn't fit well on most.

Well , i have hired and fired hundreds of people before drug screening and after . I have tested folks that concerned me .
    I am going off of my life experiences .

I can not or will not speak for you , you think pot makes people smart , fast and efficient then that is from your eyes .

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Well , i have hired and fired hundreds of people before drug screening and after . I have tested folks that concerned me .
    I am going off of my life experiences .

I can not or will not speak for you , you think pot makes people smart , fast and efficient then that is from your eyes .

Mostly depends on if it's cannabis indica or cannabis sativa.
    Indica can make people tired and lazy, and sativa can do the opposite and make you wide awake and motivated. It really effects people differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom