• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dalebert

Apr 15, 2020
    Baltimore County
    Absolutely agree that we need to encourage them and encourage them to learn safety. We don't want an idiot to shoot up someone (or several someones) and blame it on those of us that aren't idiots (at least not quite so much).

Since I'm responding, I'll go ahead and throw in my response to the "how many do you have?" For me, "I have enough, but not too many".

This came in handy recently when I picked up a couple new ones (go a little further south on Bel Air Rd); then I pulled several out of the safe and laid them out on the desk to play a game of "which of these have you not seen before" with my best friend when he came over.

glueru

Lead em to bleed em
    Aug 18, 2020
    Columbus, Ohio
    not only guns. Concealed carry permits. The wait time in Ohio is 6-10 weeks depending on the county, or if it's walk in, the line can be 30 deep an hour before opening. Got mine yesterday, 6 week wait, took 15 minutes and walked out with ID card in hand.
    Now in Ohio, Vets get it free and no training requirement.
    Non-Vets need a CCW class, 1 day class, and cost is $67

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    When you are in the hundreds you don't run... you plant yourself on a big pile of them and keep firing until you drown in your own spent brass... so endith the sermon.

That appears top be quite common on the streets of Chicago.

Attachments

• brass-problem-in-chicago.jpg
      brass-problem-in-chicago.jpg
      91.1 KB · Views: 374

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    "our system is down" was the excuse yesterday. "just come back tomorrow" was the answer and I said 'so if 3 other people come in between now and tomorrow and the system is working again and its sold before I can get back here ?' After some brain cells were exhausted and the manager was obtained everyone agreed it was ok to put a note on it and reserve it. I don't think the system was down as much as the counter person who was saying on the phone "I can only sell licenses" and was not the regular employee who can do a 4473.

Hopefully today everything will be 'working' again.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    it is the civil violence along with a reasonable expectation that criminal voice will continue to rise due to ever increasing attacks on policing and police enforcement pullback. All more acute as odds of biden winning are strong, which will mean more attempts at more gun control, bans, etc.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Gun sales are booming and a lot of new gun owners. Pandemics, riots, and talk of eliminating the police are selling more guns than Obama.

The NICS background checks statistics are interesting.

March of this year set a new all time record for the number of background checks in a single month.
    Every month this year has set a new record for that month since the inception of NICS checks in 1998.
    We are on pace to set a new yearly record of over 30 million background checks for the year.
    Since it's start NICS has preformed 348,252,506 checks the current population is 329,771,658.

Here is a link to the NICS Firearm Checks: Month/Year chart:
    https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year.pdf/view
    Doesnt include ftf deals, concealed weapons holders either

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I think you need another: 3. You can never have enough ammo.

To restate something I said in another thread a while back.... you know you have enough ammo when all your ammo cans are full. Coincidentally, this is also how you know that you need more ammo cans.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Here is another story on gun sales. It appears the sales are especially high in the swing states:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...sales-surge-80-percent-in-seven-swing-states/

And ammo sales are up also.
    This news is on top of National Shooting Sports Foundation’s findings ammunition sales surged 139 percent nationally during the first six months of 2020. And the surge in swing state gun sales comes as 2020 witnesses eight consecutive months of record background checks for gun sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom