• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Funny how the same guy who started the AGC “teabagger” thread 10 years ago reignited the MDS internal dope war just as it was cooling off a bit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Funny how the same guy who started the AGC “teabagger” thread 10 years ago reignited the MDS internal dope war just as it was cooling off a bit

Well technically it is the "MD Shooters internal dope conflict". Not ever actually a war.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    If I understand correctly, federal law stands against weed. Period. Hard stop, no need for more discussion, right? :shrug:

True... mostly...

But I said it that way because it is directly pertinent to the topic at hand.

It keeps getting rehashed over time but the end is always the same.

Until the federal laws are changed... the weed restriction for the 2A community will remain there... no matter how many times the dead comparison horse of "whatever substance Vs. weed" is brought out and beaten to death again.

Greg9781

Sep 25, 2020
    Prescription Expiration or MMCC registration

i havent had a "script" since 2018 meaning I never renewed with the doctor. However I guess my MMCC registration didnt expire until May 2020 i just found out.

Do they go by the mmcc registration or actual valid card date? Ive heard both. The MMCC registration does not permit you to enter a shop and buy though..only an active prescription/card.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    i havent had a "script" since 2018 meaning I never renewed with the doctor. However I guess my MMCC registration didnt expire until May 2020 i just found out.

Do they go by the mmcc registration or actual valid card date? Ive heard both. The MMCC registration does not permit you to enter a shop and buy though..only an active prescription/card.

You are in no man's land. It hasn't been tested yet and nobody knows for certain. I'd go by the last/longest time.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    There's a solution for this; create a legitimate medication made from THC instead of creating a loophole for recreational drugs.

There’s two problems with it. First and foremost it’s on NO ONE’s insurance. In my 20 years of experience trying to prescribe it I’ve been able to get it maybe five times? Granted that makes my experience limited but it doesn’t really work. I’ve used it for GI wasting problems (over simplified) such as IBD, chronic nausea from various causes and it just doesn’t seem to do much. I have had several people get MM (I don’t prescribe it) and that shit really seems to work. Nausea way better to gone and munchies galore with good weight gain. Go figure!?!?

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    If I understand correctly, federal law stands against weed. Period. Hard stop, no need for more discussion, right? :shrug:

The area that needs discussion is this... Weed is illegal federally yet MD allows it to be used medicinally... yet MD is enforcing the federal probation of gun ownership by those using marijuana. So to me there is contradiction there. If Maryland can ignore federal drug laws they can certainly ignore them pertaining to the second amendment and vise versa.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    The area that needs discussion is this... Weed is illegal federally yet MD allows it to be used medicinally... yet MD is enforcing the federal probation of gun ownership by those using marijuana. So to me there is contradiction there. If Maryland can ignore federal drug laws they can certainly ignore them pertaining to the second amendment and vise versa.

Md isnt enforcing it. The ATF is. You lose your right because when you answer the question on the background check truthfully its an Automatic denial. MD doesnt do that background check the Fed does. But I am sure that makes the MD Demonrats very happy

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I'm convinced that there is a secondary reason for these cannabis threads. I'm sure it has turned into a drinking game of sorts.

No cannabis posts that day: Folks go dry
    Cannabis posts: Drink at will

:)

Devonian

Ultimate Member
    Apr 15, 2008
    Md isnt enforcing it. The ATF is. You lose your right because when you answer the question on the background check truthfully its an Automatic denial. MD doesnt do that background check the Fed does. But I am sure that makes the MD Demonrats very happy

Sorry but the ATF is not involved in issuing HQL’s or cross referencing medical marijuana users with gun owners. I’m not advocating for anything but it’s clear to me that Maryland is picking and choosing how to apply the law in a way that is burdensome to gun owners and that bothers me.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    True... mostly...

But I said it that way because it is directly pertinent to the topic at hand.

It keeps getting rehashed over time but the end is always the same.

Until the federal laws are changed... the weed restriction for the 2A community will remain there... no matter how many times the dead comparison horse of "whatever substance Vs. weed" is brought out and beaten to death again.

Yes they do take advantage of the Federal Statutes... See above in bold.

Ummm... Sorry but Maryland most certainly IS using the Federal Statutes to infringe upon the rights of those who they can get to fall for their medical MJ scheme.

Maryland DemoncRats: "Psst... get yer weed card man. Screw the feds Maryland says YES to weed." :deal:

Maryland Citizen: "Thanks man... I feelz mo betta. I can hold my gat betta too."

Maryland DemoncRats: "What gat? You KNOW the feds don't let you do weed AND keep gats.:nono: We will be right over to take those away from you. Here... do more weed." :cool:

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Not on much but this topic has me curios , I know someone who got there dope card first then later got there hql. I didn’t understand how they got there hql . Good for them though. Curios if someone will show up at there door one day. Sorry smokers not a fan I think majority of people don’t have any issues to smoke weed , really don’t care anyway as long as it don’t affect me. Not saying don’t give them there hql sure someone will misconstrue my statements . Just thought if someone had a weed card they couldn’t purchase / own firearms

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Two possibilities : 1. In the very early days of Weed Cards , MSP wasn't yet up to speed . 2. Your friend lied on the form, committing the seperate felony of perjury .

So far as currently public knowledge , MSP hasn't been cross referencing MMJ cards with prior 77R's , etc YET . They have in the past cross referenced Hunting check ins with Maryland only prohibited persons , so the technique is certainly within their capacity , and on their radar .

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Ya I have a feeling it will catch up to them one day and I only assume they didn’t lie not that kind of person but never know .

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Quit bitching you two geniuses! The answer is right here on the state's medical marijuana FAQ, which you would have found easily had you bothered to bestir yourselves to look. All your bitching does is make me laugh at your laziness and beclowning yourselves in public.

https://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/patients_faq.aspx

Found out a friend, of a friend, who bought a handgun 3 or 4 years ago, recently got a medical marijuana inhaler/vape pen, or something like that. He has Leukemia.

I looked at Bolts Rock's link, and while it addresses not disclosing this on a 4473, or Maryland paperwork to buy a gun, what if one already owns the gun?

Should he just sell it, or send it out of state/his possession? Will MSP do records checks? He does live in Maryland.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Found out a friend, of a friend, who bought a handgun 3 or 4 years ago, recently got a medical marijuana inhaler/vape pen, or something like that. He has Leukemia.

I looked at Bolts Rock's link, and while it addresses not disclosing this on a 4473, or Maryland paperwork to buy a gun, what if one already owns the gun?

Should he just sell it, or send it out of state/his possession? Will MSP do records checks? He does live in Maryland.

I would think they have one or two officers on that side of gun ownership . And once they hit a gun owner name with a MM card they will get a list together and get the guns .
    No Proof of that but knowing this state i am fairly sure i am correct . May not be this year maybe next . IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom