• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Yesterday, the wife and I decided to try out a sporting clays range neither of us have been to before, Warington SC in Wellsville, PA. It is about 15 minutes North of York, PA in a sleepy little farming community. This place is flat out incredible. The range has been an exclusive club and a secret for about 10 years, but 11 months ago new owners took over, and opened it to the public, and are in the process of expanding it, and making the grounds and facilities accesable to all shooters, and in growing the sport. Currently there is a 5 stand range shot from a dock overlooking a pond, with about 5 automatic towers surrounding it that fire the clays over the pond. There is a wobbler field that has just been set up, an excellent sporting clays course with about 20 stands set up overlooking clearings, with many elevated shooting positions. There are plans to expand to include a 300 yard rifle range and pistol range. They also raise quail and pheasants for guided bird hunts, offer professional instruction, have Browning O/Us available for rent and have some on-site gunsmithing services.

There is no mistaking that they are pricey, $23 for a 50rd trip around the clays range, $38 for 100rd, 5 stand and wobbler are $12. However for the great service, and world class facilities it really is worth it, they also offer reasonably priced annual memberships for $125 that cuts $5-$10 off of the cost of each round of clay games, free soda, and free food when they are cooking out.

We normally shoot at Hopewell, a small club near Stewartstown, it is about 1/2 the price, but comparitively it is a lot smaller, has a far simpler layout, and the clays range is only open for 4 hours on saturday mornings. Warrington is open till 8pm 6 days a week, closed on Sundays. If anyone is in the mood for a world class clay or bird shooting experience, or is in the area, check them out.

http://www.warringtonsportingclays.com/

gallery1.jpg

gallery2.jpg

gallery9.jpg

gallery10.jpg

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    thanks for the info. Looks very nice. I would like to try this course one day.
    I shot at Hopewell once and was not impressed.
    I prefer Oxford for a close PA range and low cost.
    Hopkins game farm on the Eastern shore is very nice and has hosted the world cup.

RetNavyHD

Dec 7, 2008
    North East, MD
    Nice report never heard of this club and I have shot at many places, looks like a nice range and 20 stands is alot of stands. $38 for 100 is not really pricey thats the going rate at larger clubs, some are even more one of the most challenging ranges is Hopkins or an even better range is M & M sporting clays right across the Delaware memorial bridge.

Thanks for the report

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Went to Warrington again last Saturday for Amy's 3rd time shooting clays. She did well, and had a lot of fun, she is really starting to get the hang of it, and is building a good technique. This time, I took a lot of pics and video of our trip around the clays range. There are so many stands, we each shot 100 each round, so it would have taken a ton of pics to show every stand, here are just a few.

CIMG0055.jpg

CIMG0080.jpg

CIMG0084.jpg

CIMG0092.jpg

CIMG0104.jpg

CIMG0110.jpg

CIMG0111.jpg

CIMG0124.jpg

CIMG0127.jpg

CIMG0128.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts